Brant Rock 7/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Did 2 dives today at Brant Rock. Flat seas, but surgey. Nice warm temps, though. The lowest I saw in about 18 feet of water was 64 for a moment, but found it mainly about 68 - nice. Viz was 8-15'

Saw my first 2 v-notches ever - bigguns too, my first 2 eggers of the year, and my first one ever with lobster leprosy.

And of course, no dive would be complete without a lobzilla with 1/4 inch diameter antenna backing into a hole too deep to reach. I wish we had underwater GPS to mark that rock!

On the second dive, I had a curious striper (about 36 inches) nibbling the end of my tickle stick, then he took a shot at my catch bag, which had the only keeper of the day (for me). I had been floating around looking for my buddies, when I looked down and this bug was right under me out in the open saying whassup?

If anyone is interested, NAS is hosting a nite dive there this Thursday at 8:30. I'll be up north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom