Good Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNorth

Reaction score
My Buddy and I pulled two keepers out at Brant Rock. Another group pulled out a nice one (looked to be about 2 pounds). Seemed to be a lot more bugs out today but most of size had eggs. Just wondering how anyone else did this weekend. Anyone out on Cape Anne?

:scubadive

Took My boat out on Friday. Got 5 keepers total on two dives. saw A lot of large eggers (2-3LBS) and short males. But I did pull out the largest lobster i have ever seen. The carapace was 4 inches longer than the max side of my guage. The legs had to be 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Gently placed it back in the rocks but wished i got a picture

swampy:
:scubadive

Took My boat out on Friday. Got 5 keepers total on two dives. saw A lot of large eggers (2-3LBS) and short males. But I did pull out the largest lobster i have ever seen. The carapace was 4 inches longer than the max side of my guage. The legs had to be 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Gently placed it back in the rocks but wished i got a picture

A nine-inch carapace? That's a real monster. You're lucky it didn't eat you.

I wish you got a picture too.

I just rinsed all the gear from today. I had a nice dive at Halfway Rock looking for lobsters. I grabbed two keepers. I also had two curious Dogfish make a close flight past me. I was busy going after a bug when one came pretty close. Spooked me just to see something so large so close. Ha ha - love this time of year when we see them. About 20 minutes later another one came over to see what I was. It is possible it was the same one that visited before - similarly sized. Cool dive once again - 50 degrees at 53' today.

At least we had one nice weekend day.

--Matt

My dad and my brother got 9 today. They had to let one go, though, because it was a female with eggs or something. They were pretty decent sized too. Three two-pounders, I believe. I was impressed, anyway.

<33 Jess

Afraid_of_Fish:
My dad and my brother got 9 today. They had to let one go, though, because it was a female with eggs or something. They were pretty decent sized too. Three two-pounders, I believe. I was impressed, anyway.

<33 Jess

Cool. Do you what spot they went to?

I dove off Manchester (boat), got thirteen keepers between the two of us. One lobster we caught and released was over the 5" by 1/4" or so. It was the largets bug I have ever seen while diving. I'm not sure I would have reacched in after it :). Good vis, cool water, awesome day!

Jon

We were on the Cape Ann big boat on Saturday afternoon -- lovely weather :wink: 3-6 foot seas. Original sites were Halfway Rock and Egg Rock. We went to Egg first given the deteriorating conditions. Vis was maybe 15 feet, bottom temp of 50F at a max depth of 50 feet.

We did a shallow inshore spot for dive 2 (near the old Coast Guard Station). Vis was worse close to shore, maybe ten feet. We surfaced after the second dive to black clouds, rumbling thunder and POURING rain. At least the gear got a good rinse on the boat ride home. It was raining so hard on the boat ride home and back at the dock that we left our drysuit/wetsuits on to lug the gear from the boat to the car...

Sounds (reads?) like everyone had a pretty good weekend. I'll have to head back to Cape Anne this weekeend, looks like the biggins' are coming home. I missed Lobsterzilla this weekend he was large and wedged in good, and I have grown too fond of all ten fingers to be sticking my hand in after him.

ScubaNorth:
Sounds (reads?) like everyone had a pretty good weekend. I'll have to head back to Cape Anne this weekeend, looks like the biggins' are coming home. I missed Lobsterzilla this weekend he was large and wedged in good, and I have grown too fond of all ten fingers to be sticking my hand in after him.

who is lobsterzilla :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom