Scorton Ledge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johlar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody out there familiar with this dive? It's mentioned in D. L. Ferris's book Exploring the waters of Cape Cod. It's a couple miles south of Sandwich Town Beach.

It's a boat dive for sure, but exactly where it is I don't know. Supposed to be good lobstering in that area. Just look for the insane amount of traps in the same area.......

LobstaMan

I just looked it up on maptech.com. Go to the online maps section and put scorton ledge & massachusetts into the search areas and it'll come up. Looks like it is NE of where Scorton Creek flows into Cape Cod Bay. Good luck.

LobstaMan

johlar:
Anybody out there familiar with this dive? It's mentioned in D. L. Ferris's book Exploring the waters of Cape Cod. It's a couple miles south of Sandwich Town Beach.

Please be very careful out there. Not a dive that I would try on the weekend with all the striped bass fishermen trolling the area. Those dudes use wire line to get their hook laden rigs deep to where the fish - and divers - are. If you do go, stay very, very close to your boat with flags flying!

With that said, it is a nice dive. More of a hump than a ledge, with many large boulders. Good lobstering and taug spear-fishing in the early spring.

Capt. Dennis St Germain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom