Cape Ann conditions today (3/26)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Rick L. and I had such great dives last weekend, so were hoping could get some more today. NOT! After what seemed like driving all over Cape Ann, found not site worth suiting up to dive. No interest in diving in washing machine, surge.. Lanes Cove, Folly and Mag point, Norman's woe and Whites Beach to South. For kicks, stopped by Cat rocks. There is no more snow but man was there some funky stuff on surface. A light brown foamy film. (oil?) Was really hoping to get in. Conditions turned for worst since checked last night.

The gear will stay in trunk in hope of weather improving for next weekend.

On a sad note.
When we were at folly cove we noticed. The granite bench dedicated to the diver was plowed over the hill?
Rick L.

This was the only site we could find today with good conditions. It was flat calm at Niles today. Extremely easy entry right from the car but of course basically nothing to see - sand, some small rocks, grass. If you need to get wet this is a good place to go.

--Matt

Rick L:
On a sad note.
When we were at folly cove we noticed. The granite bench dedicated to the diver was plowed over the hill?
Rick L.

I didn't know Norm but have long appreciated the bench dedicated to his memory and love of Folly Cove. Hopefully the town of Gloucester will get it repaired and back in place.

DSDO

Alan

reefseal:
Rick L. and I had such great dives last weekend, so were hoping could get some more today. NOT! After what seemed like driving all over Cape Ann, found not site worth suiting up to dive. No interest in diving in washing machine, surge.. Lanes Cove, Folly and Mag point, Norman's woe and Whites Beach to South. For kicks, stopped by Cat rocks. There is no more snow but man was there some funky stuff on surface. A light brown foamy film. (oil?) Was really hoping to get in. Conditions turned for worst since checked last night.

The gear will stay in trunk in hope of weather improving for next weekend.

Was hoping to go up but after looking at wind direction and at buoy readings I decided not to make the drive. Sounds like I made the right call. Maybe I'll try tomorrow.

DSDO

Alan

Did Folly on Sunday. Seas were relatively flat but the surge and waves from the prior days gave incredibly bad viz. Didn't have more than 2' to 3'. Water temperature was a crisp 36f.

Found plenty of nudibranchs and othe invertebrate life but only one lonely flounder, big one though.

Got my new Scuba Pro reg (MK25AF/S600) wet for the first time. It breathed extremely well and did not give me any ice chunks like other regs have done.

Max depth: 31'
Time: 42 minutes
Water temperature: 36f
Visibility: 2'

DSDO

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom