Poor Knights v. Whitsundays in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belizeit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all-

I'll be on a short holiday in Aus/NZ in mid-February and will likely only be able to dive Whitsunday or Poor Knights. I'll likely only have 2 days at either site.

Any suggestions would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

The Poor Knights offers a huge range of different dive sites which cater to all experience levels.

I personally have only dived the Knights once but loved every part of it. There are some real good operators up there also - Dive! Tutukaka or PK Dive would be my pick....

Have a good time!

I've yet to find any diving in Aus that is half as good as the diving we have in NZ, so my vote would be for the Poor Knights.

If you only have two days, and want to pack in as much diving as you can then I'd consider one of the liveaboard options. I mostly use OceanbBlue for liveaboard these days, Kev who runs it will give you a really good couple of days.

If you want to do day trips, Dive! Tutukaka are really well set up for visiting divers.

I would pick one and spend my time there. Mid Feb will be awfully hot and humid in Qld!

Thanks for the advice. Poor Knights sounds incredible and I plan to make it there. Has anybody dove Wolf Rock in Australia here? Any words would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom