Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: A Few Pictures Taken on a Nikon D7000/Aquatica set up. Great Barrier Reef.

Registered

Working on the GBR

Dives
    500 - 999

A Few Pictures Taken on a Nikon D7000/Aquatica set up. Great Barrier Reef.

Hi All, I have been a avid reader on these forums for a while now whilst I have had the pleasure of working as a photographer on the Barrier Reef. Me and my girlfriend Lindsay will soon be leaving and heading off to explore other places, such as Indonesia/Malaysia/Thailand Ect.

Here are a few shots "of many" that I thought you guys would like to check out.

All Taken on a Nikon D7000/Aquatica Housing/Fish Eye Lens < Not sure the exact one Sigma..../ And a Z240 stobe. Hope you like them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Cow Tail Ray Hastings Reef.jpgGBR Nemo Norman Reef.jpgGreen Turtle & Hastings.jpgGreen Turtle & Snorkelers.jpgHungry Turtle 2 Breaking Patches.jpgHungry Turtle Breaking Patches.jpgLion Fish Bommie Norman Reef.jpgMe & Frank.jpgMe & My Freind Again.jpgMe & My Freind.jpgMe & My Other Fancy Freind.jpgMe & My Woman & Frank.jpgMe & My Woman.jpgMe Rocking It With a Turtle.jpgNemo Hastings Reef.jpg
    franny, Meyr and Mark Derail like this.

Registered

Working on the GBR

Dives
    500 - 999
    franny and Mark Derail like this.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Nice pictures. Did you and the GF adopt that turtle?

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    I also love my new D7000 in a Nauitcam housing with Inon strobes. Four weeks after receiving my rig I took second place in the Cayman Islands photo contest with a RAW untouched image of kids on the USS Kittiwake. I also love the ease in video to be able to white balance on the fly.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    nice pix
    I live in a sunny place surrounded by shady people

Registered

Freezing in Cleveland, waiting
    to hit some 82 degree water...

Dives
    200 - 499
    Wow, great shots. Especially love the one of the turtle with the skin divers up above! About to take the plunge on a D7000 and this is putting me over the edge!

Photographer

gets 44 MPG, room for 8
    tanks & 4 divers.

Dives
    25 - 49
    Amazing pics! You are so where I want to be in 4-5 years.

Question - How does the strobe work UW, is it like a flash?

My feeble attempts with a Panasonic Lumix TS2, the flash would light up all the particles and bubbles, making for a horrid picture. So I disabled the flash.

Also I'm at a crossroad - do I get an Aquatica for my Nikon D90, or for the same price the AN-5 and camera included, the Sony DSLR-less (can't really call it a micro 4/3 can we?).

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Adam,

Great pictures, where were the photos taken?

I love diving here, though all of my diving so far has been further south. Some great animals to see.

Registered

is alive... for now

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Derail View Post
    Amazing pics! You are so where I want to be in 4-5 years.

Question - How does the strobe work UW, is it like a flash?

My feeble attempts with a Panasonic Lumix TS2, the flash would light up all the particles and bubbles, making for a horrid picture. So I disabled the flash.

Also I'm at a crossroad - do I get an Aquatica for my Nikon D90, or for the same price the AN-5 and camera included, the Sony DSLR-less (can't really call it a micro 4/3 can we?).
    Both have their value, the D90 is more of a commitment financially, the AN-5 does travel ever so lightly, as much as I like the Sony Nex generation, I am still a DSLR boy, I like the control access a lot more on them.
    Mark Derail likes this.
    Jean Bruneau, Aquatica Technical Adviser

jean@aquatica.ca

Photographer

gets 44 MPG, room for 8
    tanks & 4 divers.

Dives
    25 - 49
    Quote Originally Posted by Viz'art View Post
    Both have their value, the D90 is more of a commitment financially, the AN-5 does travel ever so lightly, as much as I like the Sony Nex generation, I am still a DSLR boy, I like the control access a lot more on them.
    Oh boy I'd like to pay you a few beers and get you talking...!

I'm at a crossroad - the Aquatica + Nikon D90, or, Aquatica + Sony NEX mirrorless
    - 2 cameras are better than 1
    - accidents do happen
    - I depend on my Nikon for part of my business

I've got lots of addons and lenses for my Nikon, for various landshark scenarios. However how often does one want to change lenses UW?
    I want to do cold water also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast