Nikonos 15mm video of Cocos Island nite shark frenzy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Md Spear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
https://vimeo.com/60016294 Snippet of my Nikonos 15mm wide angle lens filming the nite shark frenzy on Cocos. Nauticam housing and sonynex5n with a solas 4000 lumen video lite. One of the goals of the dive trip was to capture the shark frenzy on video. The nikonos 15mm did some out standing work on the shark nite dive.

Nice video!

I didn't know there were housings that could use Nikonos lenses, d'oh!!! I've been thinking about getting a new camera and have bookmarked the Nauticam site for continued drooling.

Thanks

I chose this nauticam camera set up solely because it would now make my nikonos 15mm wide angle attached to a digital video. The great thing about the u/w nikkor lens for me is everything from about 15 inches out to infinity is in focus so it works well for wide angle video . Even with the sony sensor cropping it back some, i still enjoy the razor sharp image. [ if I can hold still ]
You can see in the pix the adapter between the nikonos lens and nauticam body

Attachments

• nikonos adapter.jpg
    nikonos adapter.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 141

Back
Top Bottom