contemplating a housing for a D800E

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksporry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an Olympus EPL5 at the moment, with a Nauticam housing. The setup is nice. It's relatively small and compact, good for travel. However I have been contemplating a housing for my D800E (currently mostly used for studio, portrait and strobist stuff), and I wonder what people's opinions on the different housings available.
The housing that I would consider at the moment are:
- Isotta
- Subal
- Aquatica
- Nauticam

Of course I welcome other suggestions too (I know about Sea & Sea, Seacam, and Ikelite). I'm not a fan of Ikelite due to materials used. I'm sure most of you got good experience with Ikelite, but an aluminium housing just feels more robust/secure.

Anyways, just curious what various people are using and if there are any pros and cons for one versus another (besides price).

practicalities like compatibility with ports of various other brands would be considerations.

Stick with Nauticam - lots of happy customers, and the company is growing hard now...

Aquatica service costs are crippling! $750 for me to get the ad7000 a full service- from Australia.

They gave me a new tray that I didn't need, took away one of my optical connection caps and then all the buttons aren't working anyhow! (had to disconnect the live view/video button to get the up key working- now no video cabability). makes me feel bad about on selling it to someone else to then upgrade to a nauticam for the d7000- like lots of others did........

Biggest mistake I made in my dive gear,I feel like I got totally !@#$ed over.........

Sad..... I was giving it big wraps when I first got it :(
Too good to be true.

I don't think the 810 is enough of a step forward from the 800e for underwater shooting to justify waiting for a new 3300.00 body.

I love my Nauticam housing (D7000) and will definitely buy another one when I upgrade cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom