Any non diving vacations this summer??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has taken any non-diving vacations this summer.
So far, I have not. Although I think I may be heading down to San Antonio next weekend to visit an old friend. I have never been there and would love to go! Sea world sounds like a fun place, although it might be a lot more fun if I could get in the aquarium tanks with the animals!!

Amber

Scuba Barbie once bubbled...
We are going to Lisbon. Although we are taking a two day detour to the Algarve for diving.

Algarve? Is that also in Portugal?
Let me know how your trip goes. Phillip may be going on a business trip to Portugal and the company has said since he will be gone for at least two weeks, they would also send me out there to be with him. If we do go, we will probably go by the end of this month or by the end of september.

Amber

Non diving vacation? Just does not sound fun to me! LOL...

Actually, I have not been on a real vacation in years. You would think being able to fly free I would go somewhere. Nope. I just like to drive down to Florida to visit family and dive in the gulf or the caves.

I am going to Akumal and Cozumel for my birthday though. Oh wait, that is a diving vacation again. LOL! :D

MissAmberDiva bubbled...

Algarve? Is that also in Portugal?

Yes, Algave is the southern coast of Portugal. It is where many Europeans go for summer vacation. I choose a little fishing village named Sagres, so to stay away from the crowds.

If time and money is no object, I would dive one of Portugals islands; either Maderia or the Azores.

I found most information by searching the web for "scuba Portugal" and also searching this site on Portugal.

HAVE FUN and please post a trip report when you return!!

Debra

My future in-laws came to town, and I took them to Houston, San Antonio, and Carlsbad, NM
We had a good time!

Ranz

Though this summer I have had 1, and have another "dive" vacation coming, I do have a non-dive vacation scheduled.

A friend and I are heading to the "wine" country of Ontario for a lovely weekend get away. No gear in sight.... didn't think it would be wise with the wine tasting I have planned (I'm not the driver YAHOO)

I was out in California last month. My great uncle has 240 acres out there near Sacramento. He is no where near an ocean and they wouldn't let me dive in any lakes. ;-0

I have a boat so am able to do alot with that and skiing....So I guess yes I do take non-diving vacations but they all are with water either on or under!!:)

All my vacations are non diving vacations - while I would love to take a dive trip, I've got all my vacation time spoken for during the next 2 years. The most I can hope for is to squeeze a dive day in on some of these trips.

Went to New Zealand in March - it was wonderful. Didn't have time to do any scuba diving, but did get to do some sky diving. :)

In the realm of possibility is doing a long weekend to one of the neighbor islands to do some dives - I would love to get over to Kona.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom