Single malt Scotch (Islay) afficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
Bruichladdich will be distilling a 184 proof bomb-shell. Should be available in about 10 years.

Meanwhile, I am keeping my eyes peeled for Ardbeg "very young" (6 or 8 year old) that promises to be a very "frisky" peat monster. So far though, no success.

Slainte mhath.

G_M

bwerb:
My new favorite... http://www.aberlour.com/abunadh/

Mmmmmm.

(yes I know it's a Speyside...sometimes you gotta tone down the iodine...)

Nice but unless they refer only to their products it's hardly the only available cask strength/non chill-filtered malt. As for Sherry's butt, I think The MacAllan also uses similar casks which makes a nice diversion from the Islay. But I always return to the Islay.

Slainte.

Green_Manelishi:
Bruichladdich will be distilling a 184 proof bomb-shell. Should be available in about 10 years.

Meanwhile, I am keeping my eyes peeled for Ardbeg "very young" (6 or 8 year old) that promises to be a very "frisky" peat monster. So far though, no success.

Slainte mhath.

G_M

Should be nice mixed with some coke and ice....
:D

Tassie_Rohan:

Nah, that's for Dewars and that lot.

Tassie_Rohan:

Even with the smiley face, thou speakest blasphemy! This is like one of those Dutch cartoons!

Friends don't let friends drink blended Scotches.

GreenM...what is your favorite everyday Islay? I'm definitely partial to Lagavulin.

(And yes, Arborlour was referencing their own selection for it's characteristics)

bwerb:
Even with the smiley face, thou speakest blasphemy! This is like one of those Dutch cartoons!

You sre correct...the thought of mixing is blasphemy...

can one say :Neat:...

bwerb:

What - next you will be telling me you dont serve it in a sugar-frosted cocktail glass with a cherry and little upbrella on top! You do at least have the funny shaped straws don't you?

Yep - neat is the only way to go.

I don’t as much drink Laphroaig as inhale it. Lagavulin is also a good drop but I've never tried any other Islay malts: any recommendations?

One of these days I'm going to have to make a pilgrimage and do the scotch trail: but I heard its a bit touristy.

Is there any good diving done around Islay? Maybe I can knock both Scapa Flow and the trail off in one go.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Back
Top Bottom