Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_At_Sea

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many people out there believe in "Creation" and how many people believe in "Evolution." I would just like some feed back. Please keep comments polite and be respectable to other people's comments.

Personally, I believe in Creation. I was raised round church but never really paid any attention. So, I use to believe in Evolution, but now I believe in Creation due to the fact I became saved. In my opinion, I think evolution is no good. Anytime a scientist can not figure out when something walked this earth, they say something like "Fourhunderd Million Years Ago." Now come on! How old do people think the world really is. I think the world is only six - seven thousand years old. Most evolutionist, not all, believe in the big bang theroy. Now, what caused the big bang? Is it so hard to believe that maybe a higher being, "God" as we all call him, created us. Not everything can be explained with facts, sometimes we have to have FAITH.

That' my opinion. I have a lot more to say, but for time sake I kept it short and vague. I just want to see what you all have to say.

There appears to be plenty of scientific evidence that evolutuion has been occuring for quite some time.

How about "both".

I believe in evolution.

That, however, still leaves the question about how life started on earth.

OK. Let's assume various theories about how that happened. That just pushes back the question further to "how did the universe start?".

OK. Let's just accept that God created the universe.

So how did God come to be?

I guess I'm an agnostic to the core ...... :)

Charlie

lost at sea:
How old do people think the world really is. I think the world is only six - seven thousand years old. ....... Not everything can be explained with facts, sometimes we have to have FAITH.
I believe in evolution. I use FAITH for those unknowables such as how the universe came into existance.

Lost_At_Sea:
I was just wondering how many people out there believe in "Creation" and how many people believe in "Evolution." I would just like some feed back. Please keep comments polite and be respectable to other people's comments.

Personally, I believe in Creation. I was raised round church but never really paid any attention. So, I use to believe in Evolution, but now I believe in Creation due to the fact I became saved. In my opinion, I think evolution is no good. Anytime a scientist can not figure out when something walked this earth, they say something like "Fourhunderd Million Years Ago." Now come on! How old do people think the world really is. I think the world is only six - seven thousand years old. Most evolutionist, not all, believe in the big bang theroy. Now, what caused the big bang? Is it so hard to believe that maybe a higher being, "God" as we all call him, created us. Not everything can be explained with facts, sometimes we have to have FAITH.

That' my opinion. I have a lot more to say, but for time sake I kept it short and vague. I just want to see what you all have to say.

I find this very curious......

In my opinion, I think evolution is no good. Anytime a scientist can not figure out when something walked this earth, they say something like "Fourhunderd Million Years Ago." Now come on! How old do people think the world really is. I think the world is only six - seven thousand years old.

How exactly does this co-exist with your sig??

Texas A&M Corpus Christi - Marine Biology.

I honestly cannot believe that you would say such a thing, i'm stupified in fact,the earth is 6 or 7000 years old????
How exactly can you be a marine biology major, have you taken any science courses at all so far??

If you have.... taken any......... even introdoctury courses at the freshman level, it becomes pretty certain that
A) The Earth is much much older than 6 or 7000 years old and
B) Evolution is fact not theory.

Jamdiver:
I honestly cannot believe that you would say such a thing, i'm stupified in fact,the earth is 6 or 7000 years old????
How exactly can you be a marine biology major, have you taken any science courses at all so far??

If you have.... taken any......... even introdoctury courses at the freshman level, it becomes pretty certain that
A) The Earth is much much older than 6 or 7000 years old and
B) Evolution is fact not theory.

Yes I am studying Marine Biology. And yes, I have taken many biology courses. Just because I am studying science does not mean I have to believe in Evolution. Have you ever considered Creation? And yes, Evolution is a theory, not a fact. If evolution was fact, then everything about science would be explained. Scientist wouldn't have to guess about age, where did somthing come from, etc.... Evolution has too many wholes. Why is Creation so far fetched, Jamdiver? You should also need to find out some facts about Evolution, not everything they tell you is truth. Believe me, just like the news, they tell you what they want you to hear.

Evolution is just as much as a faith, as Creationism!!

TwoBitTxn:
Two things that shouldn't be discussed on a scuba diving board...religion and politics.

I really hope this thread goes away

Agreed!

Lost_At_Sea:
Yes I am studying Marine Biology. And yes, I have taken many biology courses. Just because I am studying science does not mean I have to believe in Evolution. Have you ever considered Creation? And yes, Evolution is a theory, not a fact. If evolution was fact, then everything about science would be explained. Scientist wouldn't have to guess about age, where did somthing come from, etc.... Evolution has too many wholes. Why is Creation so far fetched, Jamdiver? You should also need to find out some facts about Evolution, not everything they tell you is truth. Believe me, just like the news, they tell you what they want you to hear.

Evolution is just as much as a faith, as Creationism!!
Coming from a science background with a degree in Zoology and having actually done courses on Evolutionary biology allows me to make the statements that I do..

I would encourage you to take a course in that subject (Evolutionary Biology)so you can learn for yourself.....
The evidence for evolution is clear, irrefutable and manifests itself constantly...

It also is worthwhile to define exactly what you mean by 'creationism'..
They're differing definitions for that term and not all are mutually exclusive with evolution.
I'd encourage you also to do research on natural selection and fossil records.
Again the earth being 6 to 7000 years old statement is totally and irrefutably incorrect.

Without getting too complicated at it's core all evolution really is, is the change in allele frequencies in a population over time.
I could go on about genotypes, phenotypes, genetic drift et cetera, but I think the most useful use of your time is doing some research on the matter and perhaps doing a course in evolutionary biology.

Your eyes would certainly be opened.

I also tend to agree with a previous poster that religion and politics have no place on SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom