Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife stopped me from making a dive tonight.

Public Safety Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos

Wife stopped me from making a dive tonight.

We went out to dinner with some friends. We were at an Italian restaurant where they have checkered table cloths covered with butcher paper. To clean up they give the paper a jerk and out it comes leaving everything still on the table.

So the people at the table directly across from me leave. The hostess, who must be a diver, comes over and gives the paper a quick hearty jerk and all but one item act as expected.

One little after dinner mint goes airborne and low and behold lands right smack in the middle of her independent valve twin 38’s and disappears.

She is standing there with her mouth open, we are cracking up and my wife says, “You going to go for it?” I’m thinking only if I want some serious deco time. I thought CPR was in order but after some more evaluation decided against it.

The poor gal went instant red and then started cracking up. She got a decent tip even though she wasn’t our server.

The poor gal had about half of the restaurant watching her when she did that and about every guy in the joint was ready to render assistance.
    Gary D.
    What ever you do in life do it well and do it safe.

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos

I can see the headline now

Quote Originally Posted by Gary D.
    We went out to dinner with some friends. We were at an Italian restaurant where they have checkered table cloths covered with butcher paper. To clean up they give the paper a jerk and out it comes leaving everything still on the table.

So the people at the table directly across from me leave. The hostess, who must be a diver, comes over and gives the paper a quick hearty jerk and all but one item act as expected.

One little after dinner mint goes airborne and low and behold lands right smack in the middle of her independent valve twin 38’s and disappears.

She is standing there with her mouth open, we are cracking up and my wife says, “You going to go for it?” I’m thinking only if I want some serious deco time. I thought CPR was in order but after some more evaluation decided against it.

The poor gal went instant red and then started cracking up. She got a decent tip even though she wasn’t our server.

The poor gal had about half of the restaurant watching her when she did that and about every guy in the joint was ready to render assistance.
    Gary D.

Veteran rescue diver killed while attempting treachous moutain inwater rescue.

Registered

impatiently waiting for
    Aug 1st.

Dives
    100 - 199
    Not much vis but nice and warm!
    I love the smell of neoprene in the morning

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Very funny, the area that the mint flew into was probably a no take area and should not be touched and or disturbed in anyway or the environment could get have gotten angry.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,000 - 2,999
    Photos
    A deep crevasse can be a danger to anyone Gary. You made the right choice, considering your partner was right there...

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

supporter

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

no dive zone

Gary,
    A good diver would have taken some pictures and left some bubbles.
    Jim Breslin

Registered

Has not set a "status"

in extreme structure such as this you'd have to be very cautious of the possible localized currents. a severe downDraft could have ended your diving career....

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,000 - 2,999
    Photos
    But it is exhilarating, looking at the view.

Barangay Pasaway

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    no pics? BOOOOOOO

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Remembering the lessons from your openwater class, you should have asked your buddy (wife) if she was ready to descend, then descended together as a team.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast