Wife stopped me from making a dive tonight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We went out to dinner with some friends. We were at an Italian restaurant where they have checkered table cloths covered with butcher paper. To clean up they give the paper a jerk and out it comes leaving everything still on the table.

So the people at the table directly across from me leave. The hostess, who must be a diver, comes over and gives the paper a quick hearty jerk and all but one item act as expected.

One little after dinner mint goes airborne and low and behold lands right smack in the middle of her independent valve twin 38’s and disappears.

She is standing there with her mouth open, we are cracking up and my wife says, “You going to go for it?” I’m thinking only if I want some serious deco time. I thought CPR was in order but after some more evaluation decided against it.

The poor gal went instant red and then started cracking up. She got a decent tip even though she wasn’t our server.

The poor gal had about half of the restaurant watching her when she did that and about every guy in the joint was ready to render assistance. :D
Gary D.

Gary D.:
We went out to dinner with some friends. We were at an Italian restaurant where they have checkered table cloths covered with butcher paper. To clean up they give the paper a jerk and out it comes leaving everything still on the table.

So the people at the table directly across from me leave. The hostess, who must be a diver, comes over and gives the paper a quick hearty jerk and all but one item act as expected.

One little after dinner mint goes airborne and low and behold lands right smack in the middle of her independent valve twin 38’s and disappears.

She is standing there with her mouth open, we are cracking up and my wife says, “You going to go for it?” I’m thinking only if I want some serious deco time. I thought CPR was in order but after some more evaluation decided against it.

The poor gal went instant red and then started cracking up. She got a decent tip even though she wasn’t our server.

The poor gal had about half of the restaurant watching her when she did that and about every guy in the joint was ready to render assistance. :D
Gary D.

Veteran rescue diver killed while attempting treachous moutain inwater rescue.

Very funny, the area that the mint flew into was probably a no take area and should not be touched and or disturbed in anyway or the environment could get have gotten angry.

A deep crevasse can be a danger to anyone Gary. You made the right choice, considering your partner was right there...:D

Gary,
A good diver would have taken some pictures and left some bubbles.
Jim Breslin

in extreme structure such as this you'd have to be very cautious of the possible localized currents. a severe downDraft could have ended your diving career....

Remembering the lessons from your openwater class, you should have asked your buddy (wife) if she was ready to descend, then descended together as a team.

Back
Top Bottom