Favorite "dive" movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb

Hoser/English Translator, eh
Reaction score
So...what are your favorite dive movies or movies with diving in them? Which was the absolute best James Bond Scuba scene? Which was the ultimate stupid diving scene (yeah, like that would ever happen).

The DIR III Video was pretty good. The part at the end with the kickass cave diving video is probably the best scene :)

(Thank god the video didn't feature GI in his speedo)

I still love the black and white underwater seens from Creature from the Black Lagoon with the divers in double hose regs. I'm also crazy about the old SeaHunt episodes.

Help me out guys. I think it was called "Ocean Quest" or "Sea Quest". It was a series of T.V. specials with a beautiful women being put in over her head in various situations. One had her testing shark mesh that was suppose to be impervious to shark bites. So they chum the water, throw on the Knight in Shining Armour gear and offer their arms to passing sharks to bite, shake and try to yank off. Fortunately, none of the sharks decided to try taking a bite out of the reg and unprotected faces of these pioneers in animal behaviour. She looked very good both in and out of armour as I recall.

Is this stuff still done today? Do the electronic shark repellers actually work. One reason I like diving fresh water - I'm still at the top of the food chain here...

Got to be “THE BLUE PLANNET”. For anyone who has not seen this series, it’s available on DVD, 3 dvd box set. Worth every cent, covers all the different marine environments. You’ll not see better underwater footage of marine life anywhere. As for fun movies with diving in them, I would say The Abyss.

"The Deep" with Jacqueline Bissett, that's when I was hooked on diving... for you guys you know what I mean...=-)

like Sea Hunt, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (actually-the movie was first) and the Jacques Cousteau specials...

Movies

The Abyss
The Deep

Grey Lady Down and all the other submarine movies(Das Boot, Run Silent, Run Deep etc)maybe they didn't necessarily have SCUBA, but they were still wet...

Ken

"The Big Blue"

Its about freediving but its GOOD.

Ken pretty much nailed it for me, everything he mentioned but particularly The Abyss and The Deep.

Also, in a campy way, I have early childhood memories of Sandy, Bud, and Ranger Ricks on SCUBA during a few episodes of Flipper. I used to think that the Ranger's flat-bottomed boat was pretty cool.

Whew, that was back in the day! Surprisingly, nothing much recent, especially since The Abyss. I think the cost-conscious studios are apprehensive of filming in/around/under water unless they're certain that the film will have a big star and be a sure hit. Like Waterworld. :haha:

Rick

kwesler once bubbled...
like Sea Hunt, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (actually-the movie was first) and the Jacques Cousteau specials...

Movies

The Abyss
The Deep

Grey Lady Down and all the other submarine movies(Das Boot, Run Silent, Run Deep etc)maybe they didn't necessarily have SCUBA, but they were still wet...

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom