Stroke(s) Of The Year Awards (non-diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Meant only in jest, but could be used for reflection and introspection also. If you are the type that easily offends, please skip, this is not about diving. Otherwise, lets go:

A great honor and recognition has been rightfully bestowed upon one of our fellow members.

I can only sit here green with envy at having fallen short of the mark, but full of joy and admiration that one of our very own has been deemed worthy of such prestigious recognition, in light of his unparalleled, magnificent accomplishments, in that most difficult scientific art of strokecology. And I certainly would not want to carry that heavy weight on my shoulders, having to stand head and shoulders above the rest, always having the burden of living up to the expectations of being such a role model.

Anyways, without further ado:

My warmest and heartiest congratulations to you Lawman. "Super Stroke of the Year",,,,, "King of Strokes" Strokeeferous magnificous personafied. Your Excellency! Your Honor! Honorable Lawman! You're our Hero!..... SuperHero! He who can say so much with so little, such is the power of the flame. You can get 50 DIR strokes to respond and post to every 1 anti-DIR stroke post, creating one heck of a bon fire, full of hot air, flames, and smoke and mirrors. Even though they do not see it like this, but let us have some compassion and understanding this Christmas season, as Christ said: "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"

But, what's fair is fair! Never let it be said, from the highest mountain lakes to the fast flowing rivers, from sea to shining sea, and all the quarries in between, that we are not fair. So I think it is only Right to take nominations and choose a "DIR King of Strokes", a "DIR Super Stroke of the Year". Judging from the response to these threads, 50 to 1, in favor of DIR strokes, the competition will be fierce indeed. This is no cake-walk DIR strokes.

I'm afraid to start naming names in fear I might leave some worthy candidates out, and insult again those I have already insulted. (Shortly I may insult you all) But, maybe you, Lawman, as our fearless leader, have no such qualms and will do the honors by awarding the prize. But in the interest of fairness to all, everyone who has ever Stroked, Trolled, Bashed or Flamed throughout this year: Everyone who has denied, dismissed, obfuscated, belittled and scoffed throughout this year, whether DIR or Anti or somewhere in between, please stand up, and receive the well earned recognition you deserve.

Remember this is meant in the spirit of jest and introspection.
Any attempts at deriving a rational discussion from this post will be futile.

I now sit back and wait for 50 flaming posts to come in. I think all of 60 seconds should be sufficient.

:flamy:

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and Happy Holidays to the rest of you, whatever they might be, whenever they may be.

ten minutes plus with no responses .... do i hear scurrying in the cyber-darkness?:)

Now that's funny

:rofL:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HE HE HE HE HE HE HE

Mr. Chairman....fellow delegates...honored guests...
it is with great pride that I nominate myself for the
Nobel Stroke Prize. It is with humility, nay, great
humility that I throw my 24" airhose in the ring.

When I think back on the wonderous days we've
had causing the DIR folks :upset: to turn red, livid,
and dare I say it...bug eyed...with rage and recrimination
I can only say, "well done.!"A greatful diving nation
sends it's heartfelt thanks to those that have stood
up to the DIR Beast and fought for the right to NOT
wear a boa constrictor hose. NOT to wear wings.
NOT to spend two hours planning a dive into the
deep end of the pool.

When the Honor Role of Strokes is called, I believe
I've earned a spot in that great lexicon of heros
that helped Stem the Tide of DIR.
Thank you, and good night. God Bless America.

Lawman once bubbled...

deep end of the pool.

Thats my Hero. I'm so proud of you, I could ;-0

Lawman once bubbled...

I don't believe you did anything to Stem The Tide except to get your foot wet. Or, more likely, one of the DIR'ers just peed on your foot in passing.

And, the "S" word is copyrighted and not usable outside Florida. In Michigan, I believe you would be known as a "weenie". So, I, in accordance with your request, second your nomination as a Noble Weenie.

Phil

MechDiver once bubbled...

I don't believe you did anything to Stem The Tide except to get your foot wet. Or, more likely, one of the DIR'ers just peed on your foot in passing.

And, the "S" word is copyrighted and not usable outside Florida. In Michigan, I believe you would be known as a "weenie". So, I, in accordance with your request, second your nomination as a Noble Weenie.

Phil
Amen.

Lawman once bubbled...

deep end of the pool.

ROFLMAO

I think I'm gonna pee myself:D

Rooster1 once bubbled...

ROFLMAO

I think I'm gonna pee myself:D

Well,

If you're DIR, you should aparently be aiming for Lawmans foot instead... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom