"The Last Dive"....Has anyone read it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Had a few divers and my local shop owner mention this book. Is it a good read?

........in the book. It covers much more than advertised including some background of some of the more extreme types of diving and recompression treatment. The main theme is how two guys gained experience in diving without gaining any common sense or maturing emotionally. Their lack of maturity and common sense lead directly to their deaths. These were two guys I would not want to share a ZIP code with, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to dive with either of them.

WWW™

If you dive, it is definitely a "must read" -- a page turning story for divers and non-divers alike. Although most of the diving described in this book is deep technical cave and wreck penetration diving, the story is a good lesson for all divers to read about.

As others have said -- I couldn't put it down. I even took it to the theatre with me. I was so enthralled in it, almost missed the curtain.

Definitely one of my favorites, Bernie outdid himself in that one. Poor guy will probably be swamped next Dema signing them... as he was last Dema :)

Must agree with other postings regarding a "must read". I require my Divemaster candidates to read it. It is a good reality check.
RonC.

It definitly is a must read for anyone that is an active diver. Especially poignant with the recent death of Steve Berman.

Back
Top Bottom