Aquariums...

How many divers have aquariums and what size?

• No; I don't have any aquariums

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Yes; one FRESHWATER tank less than 30 gal.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Yes; one SALTWATER tank less than 30 gal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes; one FRESHWATER tank 30 gal. and greater or multiple tanks

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Yes; one SALTWATER tank 30 gal. and greater or multiple tanks

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with cichlids and bottom feeders (brain cramp I forgot their name)......I have always loved the water....We live on the water, I love to swim, scuba,snorkel, and just cruise on the water.....The aquarium just makes it more bearable inside, while I sit and look out the window onto my bay.........covered with 24" of ice and 2-3' of snow....................

Oh well off to referee hockey (gotta make the best of a bad situation)

1 Salt 25gal (reef in progress. Percula Clown/Anemone primary)
1 Fresh 3.5 gal (Betta spendens primary)
1 Salt 5gal (micro-reef. invertebrate primary)
1 Fresh/Salt 50 gal (not sure what I want to do with this one)

and the big boy...

1 170GAL Amazonian Biotope. (Osteglossom Primary)

Had aquariums for 12yrs. worked in lots of shops. tank raised, Breeding, Natural site colection....if it swims I've probably owned it at one time. Except Aftican Cichlids - never really liked them.

Every Diver needs a tank...or ten...

Willer

I've got a 75 gal reef and a 55 gal freshwater

I probably spend an hour a day working on them...
And like you said.

Butch103 once bubbled...
.....The aquarium just makes it more bearable inside, while I sit and look out the window onto my bay.........covered with 24" of ice and 2-3' of snow....................

I love the water...always have and always will.

if it really qualifies, but I have three linked ponds with about +/-250 gals that make up a little biosystem. A real B*#th to get started, but pretty much self regulating now.

Currently 7 tanks active, personal high is 12.
At the moment:
2 X 10 gallon with livebearers and plants
1 X 15 gallon with 2 diamond tetras and a juvenile pair of PS polit (brand new species to the hobby)
1 X 20 gallon with a breeding pair of Kribensis (and 2 fry)
and a 65 gallon divided in half and a closed section forming a shelf with rock piled on it, that makes an easy to capture breeding/grow out tank for cichilds (unlike "Amphibious" I like Africans, we have really hard water here and they do well in it). One side has a colony of a Lamprologus shell dweller a half dozen adults with about 20 fry and the other side is a grow out tank for my Forntosa
The above are all upstairs in my home office in a steel 48" X 18" X 72" rack

And in the living room, my main display tank is a 75 gallon with a breeding pair of Cyphtilapia frontosa. Male is about 10 inches, female about 8.5" and currently 14 fry that are almost big enough to try netting and move to the grow out tank. It's got about 100 pounds of rock to provide hiding places.

Also spread thoughout my tanks are a number of Clown loaches (for snail control) and Bristlenose Plecos (dwarf species, max about 3", great algae eaters)

This nice 55 gallon Freshwater tank

2 large Bala Sharks
4 cory cats
a yellow ciclid type
a blue ciclid type
a nice7'' Pictus Cat
and several tetras

I should have put another option up there...

Fresh & Salt.....

Oh well.

I volunteer at one so I don't have to maintain one at home myself!

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom