Rules For Entering Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Many of these apply to Louisiana, too.

The following list of rules applies to each person as they enter Texas. Know them and learn them.

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight, it's called a 'gravel road.' I drive a pickup
truck because I need to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. We have pigs, cattle, and oil wells-that's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-10, I-20, and I-30 go east and west, I-45 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a sixty-thousand dollar car. We're real impressed. We have quarter-million dollar cotton strippers that we drive three weeks a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

6. We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years old. Yeah, we saw "Bambi," too. We got over it.

7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we will shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat catfish, and crawfish. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get you jack-slapped, by our women.

11. We open doors for women. That applies to everyone regardless of age.

12. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.

13. When we fill out a table there are three main dishes: meats,
vegetables, and breads. We use three spices - salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.

14. You bring "coke" into my house it better be brown, wet, served over ice and plenty of it! You bring "hooch" into my house it better have 4 legs, a tail, and have a nose for quail, dove, duck, teal, or pheasant. You bring "Mary Jane" to my house she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

15. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes in a glass with two packets of sugar, some lemon, and a long spoon.

16. High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

17. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit into the water hazards-it spooks the fish.

18. Colleges? Try Texas A&M. They come outta there with an education and a love for God and country, and they wave at passing pickups when they come home for the holidays. Gig' em! (I think any of our colleges qualify!)

19. We have more Navy, Army, Marines, and Air Force than any other state, so, "Don't Mess With Texas." If you do it will get your butt kicked by the best!

20. Our military is only used as a back up. Per capita, each man, woman, and child owns at least two firearms and has taken an NRA Certified Shooter Education Course.

21. Also, remember what Governor Sam Houston once said, "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas." GOD BLESS TEXAS!

That is too funny....we need more posts like this

:rofL:

Hmm, an awful lot of those apply to Alberta, too, especially in the south ('cept we paved a lot of those gravel roads a while back because there just wasn't enough black ice on the back roads already). Scary. Hey Pez dD -what's your take on this?
(edited for spelling - typing is way off today)

Great post, thanks for the heads up, I'll be coming through Houston in June.

p.s. There still is a difference between Louisiana and Texas, I know, I lived at Ft. Polk for a bit.
The food in Louisiana is truly unique and delicious.
The one thing Texas needs to do is start stopping a whole lot of illegals from coming through!

Caymanaic

You might want to post that on all interstates leaving Dallas, too. I don't think they got the memo.

Goodbye Liberal. Hello Texas

QUESTION:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

LIBERAL ANSWER:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

CONSERVATIVE ANSWER:

BANG!

TEXAN'S ANSWER:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click...(sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Daughter "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Son: "Nice grouping, Dad

What in the world is a Texan doing with a Glock?????

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
What in the world is a Texan doing with a Glock?????

Shooting, of course. It's not like you can do anything else with it, except hold down paper. (Got to wonder why it took that many shots though - maybe someone needs more range time.) The real problem I had with this one is that the "liberal" (note that the term isn't quite so pejorative and granola-oriented above the 49th) also had a Glock out and ready.
Still funny, tho...

They actually sell some Glocks down here, but you're point's well taken. Should I edit the joke to make it a mil spec 1911? Ruger revolver??

cat once bubbled...

... (Got to wonder why it took that many shots though - maybe someone needs more range time.)

It isn't that it took that many shots it is just that the mag held that many rounds......use them or lose them. :)

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom