Another how many. Who is a Mac user and who is a PC user?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twistedarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Me Mac user. I'm a computer engineer and service a lot of windows boxes as well as macs. My macs at home are trouble free.

Sound off! But no flames, save that for a computer blog.

Mac!

We both were Windows users since Bill Gates created the system, and I can't believe the difference! I love this MacBook Pro and all the Apple software, iPhoto, Safari, Numbers, Pages and Keynote.

Keith

PC
The variety & quality of games compared to the MAC is what keeps me a PC user. Also, having learned practically all the ins & outs of the PC's O/S, I'm too lazy to spend the time it will take learning a new one.

Windows User (Macs are now pc haha)
I have used the mac and its a great os, but it doesn't do anything I can't do on windows and I have all my games. As for problems In the last 6 years I have had no OS related problems.

Mac - since I became Mac user I have noticed that my computer knowledge has drastically athropied. I can only conclude that skills are not being exercised because I nearly never need to fix anything anymore, so I don't need to know much...

PC
It's what I learned on and I am SO a creature of habit.
Spencer

I've been a PC user forever, but am getting ready to buy a Mac. And the main reason for my interest in a Mac is my interest in underwater photography and video. I'll still use my PC for writing (which is my occupation), but I'm really tired of all the new stuff that is released for my PC that usually has way too many problems and bugs. Hope that's not a flame, I don't mean it as one, just stating my opinion.

Mac. I'm an old unix hacker, being able to get a unix command line prompt, run shell scripts, and edit with vi when I want to is very comforting.
I won't run Microsoft s/w on principle. If there were no mac, I'd run linux.

If Apple keeps going the way it's going, becoming more closed, in about 5 years I may be doing that anyway.

What's a MAC?

Me Mac user. I'm a computer engineer and service a lot of windows boxes as well as macs. My macs at home are trouble free.

Sound off! But no flames, save that for a computer blog.

PC

Windows Vista systems at home with no problems.

WIndows XP Pro at work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom