E.T. What do YOU think ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300bar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
It seems to be in the "news" (again) overhere,people "seeing" E.T.,spacecraft and/or other strange objects/lights)
We don't seem to be the only ones seeing things.The Stargate Chronicles by Clark C. McClelland I'm just looking for all your views on this.So please just your opinion(s).Seen any,heard any or even met one(E.T.)No flaming other views/posters.

Thanks.:D

Is it for El Orans, because he loves science-fiction? :D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: :rofl4:

These space visitors get such a bad rap. I mean, look at it; they come to our planet and find our health care system is sorely lacking, so they chip in and provide free colonoscopies to random people. They're helping prevent colo-rectal cancer, and for that they get accused of abduction and abuse.

No wonder they haven't made official contact. We're a world full of ingrates.

Me personnally... I'm absolutely sure there is extra-terrestrial life. But, I'm just as absolutely sure that these lights, or any lights, in the sky are not ET. Unless, ET is a retard or something...

I'm not aware of any case of lights in the sky that can't be easily explained. The whole BS in Phoenix is a perfect example. It was obviously military aircraft flying in formation, but because the military initially denied it, it became aliens.

I'm an amatuer astronomer and I can't tell you how many times I've heard BS about lights in the sky. I was in the Everglades NP one night with my telescope trained on Venus waiting for dark. I let some tourists look thru the scope and they began agruing with me about what they were seeing. They were telling me it was the moon because they could see the phases of Venus. It doesn't occur to most that Venus would have phases I guess. But, when I showed them that the moon wasn't up and the only thing visible was this bright object call Venus, they still agrued with me. These kind of people would probably be the first to claim they had seen something ET.

Here's my breakdown:

1) Simple life elsewhere in our solar system - 50% chance
2) Simple life in our galaxy - guaranteed
3) Simple life in the universe - guaranteed

The reasons for above is basic chemistry and biology; based on what we know about how life formed on earth, its very hard to come up with reasons why it wouldn't occur elsewhere.

4) Intelligent life in our galaxy - near certainty (guaranteed if extinct species can be counted)
5) Intelligent life in the universe - guaranteed

More personal opinion, than any facts. Drakes equation and all that.

6) Intelligent life is visiting earth, and rectally probing billy-bob - not a chance.

After all, if you were going to travel the many light years to get here, the last thing you'd be doing is poking something into the rear end of a guy who subsists on pork rinds and beer...

Bryan

Here's my breakdown:

1) Simple life elsewhere in our solar system - 50% chance
2) Simple life in our galaxy - guaranteed
3) Simple life in the universe - guaranteed

The reasons for above is basic chemistry and biology; based on what we know about how life formed on earth, its very hard to come up with reasons why it wouldn't occur elsewhere.

4) Intelligent life in our galaxy - near certainty (guaranteed if extinct species can be counted)
5) Intelligent life in the universe - guaranteed

More personal opinion, than any facts. Drakes equation and all that.

6) Intelligent life is visiting earth, and rectally probing billy-bob - not a chance.

After all, if you were going to travel the many light years to get here, the last thing you'd be doing is poking something into the rear end of a guy who subsists on pork rinds and beer...

Bryan

Absolutely...

Drake's equation rocks! :D

If ET is going to go to all the trouble to build a ship capable of traveling lightyears to get here, he isn't going to give us unexplained displays of light in the night sky. He's either going to land on the White House lawn or remain completely out of veiw and observe, something akin to Star Trek's Prime Directive. They will be so advanced compared to us that if they don't want to be seen, they won't be seen. There won't be any unexplained sightings. Again, unless they are interstellar retards or something...

As someone much smarter than me once said, 'There's two reasons for going into space: Exploration and Colonization'. Neither one of these can be carried out in secret while hiding in the shadows, unless of course they are on a scouting mission to prepare for the invasion... :14:

I think something has to be out there. After all if a person can imagine something It doesn't take too long to make it a reality look at every technological advance in our own known history.

To: Colonial High Command

Subject: Report of observation results

Illustrious Overseers,

You may begin dispatching colony vessels at your whim. From our observations of the target planet in this sector, we anticipate no obstacles to converting the planet for our people. The indigents are primitive and reactive creatures, prone to frequent conflicts among themselves and random self-destructive behavior. Their technology has advanced to the level where they currently have the ability to exterminate themselves completely, and if they have not done so by the arrival of our colony fleet to the system, we will orchestrate events to promote a massive conflict, hence removing them as an obstacle to our efforts at no risk to ourselves.

We have already collected sufficient samples of useful native flora and fauna that we may utilize in restoring the planet to our needs, and await your most wise and enlightened instructions.

Your most humble servant in command of the scout fleet,

Fred

Back
Top Bottom