Sea Monster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its a dog rotwieler probably or pit bull if the carcass was floating in the water for a long time it is totaly distorted then bloated by the sun on the beach by gasses of decomposition.

jeff corwin said on msnbc or somthing he thought it was a raccon or somthing but without something next to it for a referance as to the scale who knows?

People were saying it had a beak, but if you look close at the picture (not advised for the weak of stomach), it's obvious the flesh is gone from the snout, leaving only the skeletal structure behind. For one, creatures with beaks don't tend to have teeth as well, since beaks are composed of a material similar to fingernails, and don't provide sufficient support for teeth.

Look at the shape and angle of the snout in this picture of a dog skull. Without the cartilage and the flesh, it's very similar in shape to the "beak" of the creature in the story.

I'm with augk on this one; it's either a dog or raccoon.

People were saying it had a beak, but if you look close at the picture (not advised for the weak of stomach), it's obvious the flesh is gone from the snout, leaving only the skeletal structure behind. For one, creatures with beaks don't tend to have teeth as well, since beaks are composed of a material similar to fingernails, and don't provide sufficient support for teeth.

Look at the shape and angle of the snout in this picture of a dog skull. Without the cartilage and the flesh, it's very similar in shape to the "beak" of the creature in the story.

I'm with augk on this one; it's either a dog or raccoon.
I think you and augk are probably right. I hope I get to know definitively at some point.
At first I thought maybe a sea turtle, minus the shell. But I'm not sure if they have teeth or not.
Spencer

its a dog rotwieler probably or pit bull if the carcass was floating in the water for a long time it is totaly distorted then bloated by the sun on the beach by gasses of decomposition.

jeff corwin said on msnbc or somthing he thought it was a raccon or somthing but without something next to it for a referance as to the scale who knows?

i had a rottie growing up and it certainly didnt have a beak!

One of my best friends in the world is the guy being quoted in all this (kelso) and we've been out to Montauk together before. He's been telling me stories for years about seeing a creature out in the dunes at night and it wasnt until recently that this thing has gone public.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom