Do they really think the earth is flat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone that has been in an aircraft knows the world is round. enough said, there is no discussion to this anyone who believes the earth is flat is a fool.

ive been in an aircraft many times and i dont recall ever going around in circles - most of my flights have been in a straight line so maybe the earth is flat :dork2:

If the Earth was really round, you'd fall off the side.

Enough said.

I'm not a professional scientist, but I think the earth may be round or even has an oval shape to a certain extent. Therefore my vote is against the flat earth theory!!

Saskatchewan is what comes to my mind when I think "flat".

But there was this strange phenomena of how Regina slowly came up over the horizon as we drove towards it. First the tops of the building, then more and more became visible. Hmmmmmm. I wonder what caused that. :D

Contrary to popular belief, many of the ancients had noticed how ships disappeared over the horizon and had hypothesized that the earth was curved. There was even a reasonably accurate estimate of the earth's diameter, based just on the measurement of the distance between a couple cities in Egypt and the relative height of the sun at midday in those two spots.

These guys are amazing. They have no concept of gravity and apparently don't have any logical thought process at all.

These guys are amazing. They have no concept of gravity and apparently don't have any logical thought process at all.
OTOH, it doesn't take very much to detect a tongue-in-cheek sort of humor throughout the website.

They do have a very good disclaimer about the possible effects of reading their website:
The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut.

I'm also very impressed by the currently active projects:
-----In the small town of Grass Roots, MO, one of our members has successfully infiltrated the public education system. By being hired on as a teacher in the district, she was able to gain a foothold that has allowed us to "replace" nearly every lower grade teacher in the entire town with loyal Flat Earthers. The students are now undergoing deprogramming measures and are expected to be released when they reach their mid-thirties.

Over a period of several months, over half of the workers in the Wisconsin state prison system were "relocated", their positions filled by our associates. The list of replacements includes 7 guards, 957 cafeteria workers, 3716 Pepsi machine repairmen and 14 members of the clergy. With our operatives strategically emplaced, the convicts and felons are being given a healthy dose of "pro-Flat Earth" propaganda.
Success story: Upon escaping during a bloody shootout that left 19 prison workers and 27 prisoners dead, a reformed felon known only as "Rasp" went directly to a payphone and contacted our HQ. He is currently working in place of "retired" health-care worker Mr. Sonnovin at the Green Acres nursing home in Charlamange, WI.

-----After spending over sixteen million dollars and using over 48 thousand yards of industrial strength strapping tape, we of the Flat Earth Society were able to construct an enormously powerful neurotransmitter that can implant suggestions directly into the brains of the nearby non-Flat Earthers. Having set it up just outside of the Russian Antarctic exploration post (Vostok), we are awaiting word that all three scientists and 174 penguins have been shown the light.

Definitely some serious hardcore, committed activists.

Back
Top Bottom