New diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaculture

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A new diver is on the way, just found out my wife and I are expecting our first child!

Excited? Check
Terrified? Check!

So, a new buddy for me in 12 years or so!

Nice!!

Congratulations! I spent the weekend in Las Vegas celebrating my son's 21st birthday....boy it goes fast!

Enjoy

Congrats!!! :balloon:

Lots of fun coming up for ya.

I'm raising 2 dive buddies myself.

You wont have to wait 12 years to enjoy the training part (snorkelling at least)

IMG_1902.jpg

F1000009.jpg

F1000027.jpg

So even your swimmers like to swim.

Congrats! There's nothing more wonderful and so terrifying. I hope at least one of my 2 wants to dive. I think the boy will get into. The girl, well at 3 months it's too soon to tell.

Having children was the single best thing in my life. Now with grandchildren life is amazing! Congratulations!

Oh Wade come on now... You'll have the little one in the pool blowing bubbles on SASY by the time he/she is 5 yrs old.. lol...

Congratulations! Being a Dad is one of the most incredible things in the world.

I'll pass along the only two pieces of advice I give to expectant parents.

1. Buy a stethoscope. You can get them for around $10 to $20, and not only is it cool to just listen to the baby's heartbeat, it can be very reassuring when the baby gets real still for a little while.

2. Don't be afraid to tell people to shut up. When my wife was expecting our first (over 26 years ago now), it seemed everyone wanted to tell her horror stories about pregnancies that had gone wrong. There are enough anxieties in a first pregnancy, especially, without being reminded of every possible mishap that can occur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom