any Chef's out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
My son just started his Chef/Cook apprenticeship and I wanted to surprise him with a quality knife bag/case.

What is better, a soft or hard case? What should I look for?

I looked around here and am not finding much of a selection....any suggestion where to buy online?

omg, i agree with jennifer! the shock, the horror!

:D

my ex is a chef instructor, and the students at johnson & wales *have* to use the school kits while in school, but they are the hard ones & everyone hates them. for personal use, most have rolls.

if you'd like his input on what to get & where to look, he'd be willing - pm me & i'll put you two in touch.

and congrats to your boy!

My son just started his Chef/Cook apprenticeship and I wanted to surprise him with a quality knife bag/case.

I looked around here and am not finding much of a selection....any suggestion where to buy online?

Knife Merchant, cutlery, kitchen tools, cookware, knives, pots and pans, frying pans is a great site. It's run by this really nice old guy who will talk with you on the phone and recommend just the right stuff.

If you want to add to the surprise, KM has some really nice knives that won't break the bank.

Messermeister Cutlery: German

For example he recommended the E3686-10 10" chef's knife and it's been excellent.

Terry

Considering what my chef-friends look like after work, you should get him the big bottle of Ibuprofen, a 10-pack of free massages and the Ronco home-suture kit. :D

Terry

Thanks for the well wishes, input and the links! I'm so happy that he's liking this so much, he never showed interest in school and now he's even going to night school to learn French so he can do a tour over there (He lives just a few minutes from France).

Back
Top Bottom