Ouch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not quite sure what to say to that....You feel bad for the guy, but that's a pretty stupid thing to do

i saw this the other day..... brings a whole new meaning to those fools that say "he died doing what he loved" (yes i know he lived but most arent that lucky)

all i heard was alot of moans of oh no and anguish

I've never seen the wingsuit deal before. Pretty cool but not for me.

Jeepers guys, there's a lot of patronizing flung around here. Can someone explain to me please what makes wingsuit diving any more "stupid" than any other extreme sport, scuba diving included?

deef, i only see 2 posters saying it was stupid and although scuba isnt 100% safe, its not throwing yourself off a cliff at the sound of speed with the possability of hitting a very hard surface if your chute doesnt open

i also dont consider scuba a "extreme sport". done safely and with care it is safe and relaxing.

cheers

Fair enough but you have to agree that it's a matter of perspective. For us the idea of scuba diving is perfectly sane. We know the risks and we learn and train ourselves how to manage them. I'm pretty sure that exactly the same applies to skydiving, base jumping, wingsuit diving and just about every other high risk sport.

All I'm saying is that I think it would be a little unfair if some wingsuit diving forum slates scuba divers for being stupid when they read about Richard Pyle's DCS episode or Dave Shaw's fatal dive at Boesmansgat.

Anyway, I don't want to start an argument here. I just thought I'd point out that "stupid" might be a bit of a harsh word.

Back
Top Bottom