Fathoms Magazine Gone, Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know what happened to Fathoms? After attempting to contact (re my subscription) them through the web site and three different phone numbers....nothing.
However the DAN web site is still advertising $5 off a subscription for its members?

Well there was no luck in tracking Fathoms down, however one of there old numbers went to another UW magazine. To cut a long story short the lady that answered the phone (Stephanie) said she would send me one of there mags. I got 2 mags today and they are great, subscribed for a year right away.

For anyone interested the magazine is Diving Adventure published 4 times a year and cost $25.

:: Welcome :: Diving Adventure Magazine

# 207 7294201

Last edited:
Too bad, Fathom's was a good mag. After the management change though, it went down hill. Apparently, they hit the bottom of that hill. I think Diving Adventures is by the original group that did Fathoms.

Too bad, Fathom's was a good mag. After the management change though, it went down hill. Apparently, they hit the bottom of that hill. I think Diving Adventures is by the original group that did Fathoms.

Diving Adventures is a lot like Fathoms, a coffee table mag like Nat Geo but for divers :D

They appear to be history!

I got 2 issues since subscribing last fall and my son got 1 since I gave him a subscription at Christmas.

Oh well, this loss seems trival compared to my 401K!

Well that really sucks, I subscribed for 2 years, cost me around 80 if I remember correctly and only got 2 issues. That's an expensive magazine. If that new magazine is run by the same people that ran Fathoms to start with why would anybody subscribe to it. It sounds I little bit FISHY to me.

I'm glad I didn't sign onto any of their trips. We were considering one a couple years ago but from my point of view they collected too much $ too far in advance, compared to similar trips I've seen and when I knew the operators would require payment from them. I asked if they had any kind of separate escrow account for trips and was told no, the money just went into the magazines regular bank account. Given the way magazines come and go I decided to pass for that reason. Not that I know it would have been a problem but seemed like a bad idea.

If that new magazine is run by the same people that ran Fathoms to start with why would anybody subscribe to it. It sounds I little bit FISHY to me.
I met the editor once in NYC. Does anybody know what happened to the magazine? Are they really the same people who have started another one?

I met the editor once in NYC. Does anybody know what happened to the magazine? Are they really the same people who have started another one?

The editor for Fathoms was Bret C Gillam. The editor for Diving Adventure is Steve Lewis and Bret C Gillam is a senior editor

I think the editor for Fathoms is Ethan Gordan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom