Best job in world - earn 100K USD to scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not sure if this has already been posted:

Best job in the world? Earn 70,000GBP to live on this island, watch whales and scuba dive.

Tourist officials in Australia are looking for somebody to look after a desert island.

They are willing to pay 70,000GBP for someone to work 12 hours a month for six months while carrying out such duties as feeding turtles, watching whales and picking up the island's post.
No academic qualifications are needed, but good swimming skills and a love of snorkelling, scuba diving and other water sports are a must.

A passion for the great outdoors and the ability to speak English are also considered to be an advantage.

Best job in the world? Earn £70,000 to live on this island, watch whales and scuba dive | Mail Online

Last edited:
Uh-huh, and I just go another offer from a nice fellow in Nigeria who wants to send me a couple million dollars just for letting him use one of my bank accounts. Glory be!! Two great offers in one day.

Well... it's on CNN, so it MUST be true!
Life's a beach with dream Australian island job - CNN.com

Plus the website is, in fact, live.... although I didn't see any mention of diving, just snorkeling. However, if they supplied tanks and air, I think that Cavewoman would probably kill for this gig!

Man I'd be tempted if I could stand to get away from my wife that long and get past the personality and appearance screening.

My guess is they've had the position all along, at a much lower wage, but it's been filled by people going through the motions and now they're looking for someone that'll put in a ton of unofficial hours blogging, taking video and essentially giving them an in-house marketing presence for "free". They're looking for a spokesperson, and a celebrity either wouldn't do it or would charge them a fortune to do it.

The coverage they're getting from the idea alone is probably greater than they've gotten from some official ad campaigns.

Ž£70,000

Is that a lot?

I was holding out for å150¬000⁄Œπø

I mean, plus expenses.

I knew I should never have put this on SB :D
You guys managed to crash their site...

"Interest in what has been dubbed the 'best job in the world' has been so great that the website advertising the position crashed overnight.
Tourist officials in Australia are looking for somebody to look after a desert island. Roughly 160,000 people flocked to the website to see how they could earn 70,000GBP to live on this island, watch whales and scuba dive.
It is the perfect job to help you forget freezing, credit-crunch Britain - and some 34% of the visitors to the site were British, according to reports.

However the Australian tourism board told the Telegraph the website is back up and running now - and they are bracing themselves for it to go 'a bit crazy'.
They are willing to pay 70,000GBP for someone to work 12 hours a month for six months while carrying out such duties as feeding turtles, watching whales and picking up the island's post. "

'Best job in the world' website crashes after thousands of Britons apply | Mail Online

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom