Beating on the English, again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A very proper English gentleman went into a pub and sat down at the bar. The bartender came over and asked, "Can I get you something to drink?"

The gentleman replied, "No thank you. I tried alcohol once - didn't like it."

The bartender said, "Well then, perhaps you'd enjoy a cigar?"

The gentleman replied, "No thank you. I tried smoking once - didn't like it."

The bartender suggested, "Maybe a game of billiards?"

The gentleman replied, "No thank you. I tried billiards once - didn't like it."

The bartender suggested, "Perhaps you'd like to join those fellows at a game of darts?"

The gentleman replied, "No thank you. I tried darts once - didn't like it."

By this time, the bartender was getting puzzled, and asked, "If you don't drink or smoke, and you don't like darts or billiards, what are you doing in a pub?"

The gentleman replied, "I am meeting my son here," to which the bartender answered, "I see. Your only child, I presume?"

scuberd wrote...
I'm normally all about english humor, but I don't get it. :confused:
That puts you one behind the English gentleman.

:wink:

How did the "no sex for us; we're British" stereotype come about, anyway?

It makes a bit more sense if you picture John Cleese in his role as Basil Fawlty delivering the punchline.

The bartender suggested activities that most people thought were pleasurable, but the gentleman had only tried them once and didn't like them. So, following that reasoning, the gentleman tried sex once, but didn't like it, but happened to get a kid out of it. Thus, the only child comment.

AzAtty once bubbled...
It makes a bit more sense if you picture John Cleese in his role as Basil Fawlty delivering the punchline.

The bartender suggested activities that most people thought were pleasurable, but the gentleman had only tried them once and didn't like them. So, following that reasoning, the gentleman tried sex once, but didn't like it, but happened to get a kid out of it. Thus, the only child comment.

ok, ok, thanks, I get it now

I am such a tool

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom