Hollywood diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Washy

Reaction score
James Bond - maybe he's cool, maybe not...

He was trained by the Royal Navy and now he has a licence to kill... either way I've never seen him equalise during a dive...

He's surrounded by a hundred "evil" divers in black - harpoons flying through the water – torpedoes exploding – not a nose pinch or SPG check in sight, the arrogance of the man…

Also reminds me of the Roger Moore Bond where he breathes from a car tyre… Is that possible? I though that regular car tyres were 2 bar… Damn his cunning!!!!!
:)

no you can't breathe from a tire, the fitting makes it hard to get the air out without the proper connection. Many bond films, especially the good ones (with Sean Connery) were filmed before SPGs were common, also I almost never pinch my nose to equalize so it's not like it would be mandatory.

I'm fairly certain I've seen him equalize before. Besides, when you're diving with Carole Bouquet (For Your Eyes Only), your mind probably isn't on equalization or SPGs. :wink:

Washy once bubbled...
Also reminds me of the Roger Moore Bond where he breathes from a car tyre… Is that possible? I though that regular car tyres were 2 bar… Damn his cunning!!!!!
:)

Sure it's possible as long as the volume of air coming out was adequate. Think about when you learned to breathe from a free flowing reg. It's basically the same thing. Just turn your head to the side and breathe away.

I love Alias but I don't like the way it's going with her mother . . .it's getting way too cosy with the happy families thing.

We're definitely heading for a bust up with Sark - I hope Sydney kicks his ass (I know she will). god I love that show.

Washy once bubbled...
He's surrounded by a hundred "evil" divers in black - harpoons flying through the water – torpedoes exploding – not a nose pinch or SPG check in sight, the arrogance of the man…

Hehe...true, true, but you likely won't see me do a nose pinch either. I just don't need to do a Valsalva maneuver to clear my ears most of the time. However, I do check on my SPG pretty often :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom