Will Funny Cide win the Belmont?

• Yes, he'll do it

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, he won't

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Attention all horse racing fans:

Tomorrow is the Belmont Stakes.

Will Funny Cide succeed in his quest and win the Triple Crown?

I would love to see it happen!

being from upstate NY, I'll bet you would!

I think track conditions will have something to do with the outcome, but he was so beautiful in the Preakness! He just wanted to run and win so much.

You goota root for six "hicks from the sticks" as they call themselves, when they stick it in the eye of the establishment.

Gonna be a wet track today...

Is Funny Cide certified for OW?

A bit of history...

Before Secretariat won the Triple Crown in 1973, it had been 25 years since the last TC winner (Citation, 1948). It has now been 25 years since the last TC winner (Affirmed, 1978).

Do you believe in omens?? :wink:

I think Funny Cide might just do it.

ScubaTexan once bubbled...

I think Funny Cide might just do it.

Or Not...

I remember that run in the 70's...I didn't realize it had been so long. I don't want to explore that, either. :D

I don't understand that strategy at all. Why would Santos allow Funny Cide to get to the front and run himself out on a sloppy track?? Seems to me that was just asking for trouble...

It may be a long time before we see another Triple Crown winner.

and at the moment it's England - Scotland and Wales don't quite have it at the moment!

BTW - it's a sub competition during the 6 Nations rugby....

What's all this about horses? :confused:

Jonathan

FYI, Johathan, that's part of the "Mr. Ed" theme music, which may require more explanation.

In case you really meant it, the Triple Crown to which I was referring is the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness (run in Maryland at Pimlico) and the Belmont Stakes, run last Saturday in New York on one miserably wet track.

Scuba Texan, the only thing I can figure is that with so few horses in the field, there really wasn't much of a pack with which to hang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom