Worst Job You Ever Had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wobbegong

Registered
Reaction score
What's the worst job you ever had?
I worked sweeping up 'roo poo in a zoo!
(actually it was wallaby poo but that doesn't rhyme!)

There's got to be a worse one than that!
Safe Diving
Wobbie

included artificially inseminating chickens in a poultry genetics lab. Every Tuesday was <bleep> a chicken day.

I like my current job much better.

Summer job during college: working at a car wash drying cars as they came off the line. Remember Jim Croce's song "Working at the Car Wash Blues"? He got it right!

Diving in raw sewage was one of my least favorite jobs, though the worst was crawling up a sewer pipe that's only half full, when you can see what you're "diving" in.
Brings the full meaning to "aakie poo".
(several more appropriate descriptions come to mind but they'd need to get bleeped"

I was one of the annoying people trying to stop people to take pictures at the front gate of Six Flags. It was pretty hard convincing people to stop, when I wouldn't have stopped if I were them.

Bagged groceries in high school. That meant when things were slow we had to clean bathrooms, and mop floors. Both of which were not that bad. However, every night we had to sort returned bottles, specifically beer bottles. Each had to go back to a specific manufacturer. Ever since then, I've always washed out my pop and beer cans/bottles before putting them away.

Actaully working at a dive shop was the worst. The work was ok and the shop was great I learned alot, but since it was a weekend job, it cut into diving time. Worst actualy job was being a rent-a-cop sitting in parkinlots overnight by myself in the winter.

Shuffling out the drying beds at a sewage treatment plant.

Whoever got the most condoms on their pitchfork in one shuffle won the contest. Also, the biggest tomatoes you ever saw.

s.wright once bubbled...
I was one of the annoying people trying to stop people to take pictures at the front gate of Six Flags. It was pretty hard convincing people to stop, when I wouldn't have stopped if I were them.

My worst job experience was also at Six Flags, the summer after my senior year in high school (check out my profile and do the math to determine what year that was). I was supposed to work in the icehouse, but instead was "placed" (read: shoved) into utility food service. One of the worst parts about it was having to dress up in those ridiculously stupid costumes in order to serve food. :rolleyes:

On one particular day, I had to work a lemonade/snack stand by myself on the hottest day of the summer. People were fainting in line as I was filling each order as fast as I could. I very nearly gave them the Johnny Paycheck/Take This Job And Shove It line when my shift was over. That was one of the most miserable days ever in my working career. The ONLY perk in that entire job was getting to use the pool on days off, and it isn't even there anymore.

On a side note: I did not return to Six Flags, even as a visitor, for 18 years after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom