Farewell Bob Hope...Godspeed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a final tip of the hat to old Bob. Made it to 100 years, always a class act! Grew up watching him on TV in road movies and such, saw all the specials, and tried my hardest to catch a live show during the South East Asia War Games, but never had a real chance...

Godspeed Bob, you know the man is waiting with the gates open, won't even have to ask your name....

A&E did a nice tribute show last night on Mr. Hope.
I too grew up laughing at his antics. I greatly respect him for spending so many of his holidays with troops who were off in distant lands protecting freedom for the world.
He will never be replaced.
Thanks for the memories Bob.

This is truly sad news. It was Christmas Day 1967. Everyone knew that Bob Hope's USO show was in the country.
We were all waiting by the radio in our hooch (hut)for the news to weither we would get to go the show.

For security they wouldn't announce the time or place or even if the show would be. Then the annoucement came over Armed Forces Radio. "Tan Son Nuht Air Force Base, Hanger xyz, in uniform, 1400 hours." That gave us 1 hour notice. Every truck assiged to our company was packed to overflowing heading for the Base.

Bob Hope, Jerry Colona and Jill St.John plus a full orchestra and lots of show girls put on a top notch show while 50 Hueys patrolled the perimeter. We all laughted for days about the show.

He has earned his place in Heaven.

He was the greatest of the great!!

Bob C

There were a lot of people in country that got a respit from the world thanks to Bob
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom