Flight Attendants New Speech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heard on a Delta flight

Hello and welcome to Delta flight 438 to San Francisco. If you are going to San Francisco, your in the right place. If your not going to San Francisco, your about to have a really long evening.

We'd like to tell you now about some important safety features we have aboard this plane, the flight attendants. Please look at one now

There are 5 exits aboard this plane: 2 at the front, 2 over the wings, and one out the plane's rear end. If you're seated in one of the exit rows, please do not store your bags by your feet. That would be a realy bad idea.

Please take a moment and look around and find the nearest exit, count the rows of seats between you and the exit. In the event that the need arises to use one, trust me , you'll be glade you did. We have pretty blinking lights on the floor that will blink in the direction of the exits. White ones in the normal rows, and pretty red ones at the exit rows.

In the event of loss of cabin pressure these baggy things will drop down over your head. You stick it over your nose and mouth like flight attendant is doing now. The bag won't inflate, but there's oxygen there, promise. If your sitting next to a small child, or someone who is acting like a small child, please do us all a favor and put onyour mask first. If you are traveling with two or more children, please take a moment now to decide which one is your favorite. Help that one first, then work your way down.

In the seat pocket in front of you is a pamphlet about the safety features of this plane. I usually use it as a fan when I'm having my own personal summer. It makes a very good fan. It also has pretty pictures. Please take it out and play with it now.

Please take a moment now to make sure your seat belts are fastened low and tight about your waist. To fasten the belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle. To release, it's a pulley thing---not a pushy thing like your car because you're in a airplane-- HELLO.

There is no smoking in the cabin on this flight. There is also no smoking in the lavatories. If we see smoke coming from the lavatories, we will assume you are on fire and put you out. This is afree service we provide.

There are two smoking sections on this flight, one outside each wing exit. We do have a movie in the smoking sections tonight ... hold on, let me check what it is. Oh here it is, the movie tonight is Gone with the Wind.

In a moment we will be turning off the cabin lights, and it's going to get really dark, really fast. If you're afraid of the dark, now would be a good time to reach up and press the yellow button. The yellow button turns on your reading light. Please don't press the orange button unless you absolutely have to. The orange buttonis your seat ejection button.

We're glad to have you with us on board this flight. Thank you for choosing Delta, and giving us your business and your money. If there's anything we can do to make you more comfortable, please don't hesitate to ask. If you weren't strapped down you would have given me a standing ovation, wouldn't you ?.

After landing
Welcome to San Francisco International airport. Sorry about the bumpy landing. It's not the captains fault. Its not the co-pilots fault. It's the Asphalt.

Please remain seated untill the plane is parked at the gate. At no time in history has a passenger beaten a plane to the gate. So please don't even try.

Please be careful opening the overhead bins because "shift happens"

I must say that's pretty good....I'd heard/read a good portion of something similar...but the thing that killed me was the Arrival speech about passengers and gates....funny stuff

But true I laugh every time I see people rushing to get of before the door is open. Also liked the bit about personel summer, next time I see a woman faning herself Im going to ask if she is haveing one. Should get a laugh or face slap but at least it will break the ice or jaw

One of my favorite announcements was on a flight from Florida to New Jersey. Someone from the cockpit said "For those passengers sitting on the right side of the plane if you look out your window, you'll see a beautiful sunset over the New York skyline. For those of you on the left side of the plane, welcome to Newark."

A few years ago, when on a holiday flight, the crew sang the briefing to the tune of jingle bells....

It was rather amusing also, but I can't remember the words...

cdiver2 once bubbled...
Heard on a Delta flight

Hello and welcome to Delta flight 438........

Funny stuff, cdiver2. :)

Sounds like the attendant was trained by Southwest Airlines.....

tj

tankajava once bubbled...

Funny stuff, cdiver2. :)

Sounds like the attendant was trained by Southwest Airlines.....

tj

I was on an S-W flight from Dallas to Toronto a few jobs/years ago and about 2 hours into the flight, the co-pilot comes on the PA and says,
"Good Evening folks, I regret to announce that ......................we've just left Texas."

bottom_sucker once bubbled...

"Good Evening folks, I regret to announce that ......................we've just left Texas."

LOL! I'm not a native-born Texan but the attitude is catchy.:)

I think SWA trolls the improv clubs for their employees. You never know what you're gonna hear next. Love it!

tj

Humor relaxes people, and SouthWest Airlines has got humor down to an artform.

SouthWest has also never had a passenger death, which is why I fly with them whenever I can, if they service the destination I am headed.

bottom_sucker once bubbled...
I was on an S-W flight from Dallas to Toronto a few jobs/years ago and about 2 hours into the flight, the co-pilot comes on the PA and says,

Something tells me that SWA pilot needs a quick lesson in geography, because it does not take two hours to leave Texas heading north from DFW. LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom