9:59am EST February 1 2003 ... Mission STS-107 ... the Columbia crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
9:59am EST February 1 2003 ... Mission STS-107 ... the loss of the Columbia

Rick Husband, Willie McCool, Michael Anderson, Kalpana Chawla, David Brown, Laurel Clark and Israeli astronaut Ilan Ramon, died when the Space Shuttle Columbia broke up on re-entry

(who can forget watching the recovered film made by a crew member from inside the cabin, of the crew watching the fiery re-entry that would soon doom them - the burned tape was found alongside a road during the recovery of shuttle debris)

NASA ...Columbia Accident Investigation Board .. Mission STS-107 Columbia Report

"we are reminded that, to push the boundries, to explore, to learn, to go and see ... that there are risks .. you do not stop because there are, you learn what they are, do what you can to mitigate them, learn from your mistakes and continue to push on

... we OWE those who risk their lives, those who gave theirs, nothing less than that"

I remember them :salute:
... and I give thanks to all those that put their lives on the line ... to go, to see, to explore, and to take us along with them so we can somehow be a part of it all ...

Last edited by a moderator:
sts-107crew.jpg

9:59am EST February 1- 2003 ... Mission STS-107 ... the loss of the Columbia crew
Rick Husband, Willie McCool, Michael Anderson, Kalpana Chawla, David Brown, Laurel Clark, Ilan Ramon,

"we are reminded that, to push the boundaries, to explore, to learn, to go and see ... that there are risks .. you do not stop because there are, you learn what they are, do what you can to mitigate them, learn from your mistakes and continue to push on

... we OWE those who risk their lives, those who gave theirs, nothing less than that"

sts-107crew.jpg

I remember them ... and I give thanks to all those that put their lives on the line ... to go, to see, to explore, and to take us along with them so we can somehow be a part of it all ...
:salute:

---------- Post added January 31st, 2015 at 04:26 AM ----------

The crew cabin cassette tape made during reentry , surviving, and recovered totally by chance , with this bit that ends 7 minutes before trouble begins, eerily showing the beginnings of the reentry plasma developing outside ...
[youtubehq]4IWC4I_CfLA[/youtubehq]

Last edited:
unforgettable ..
The Columbia crew cabin cassette video tape made during reentry , it's surviving, and recovery totally by chance, by an officer just looking down, was found laying in the gravel next to his patrol car after the investigating a report of space shuttle debris that turned out to not be ... eerily showing the beginnings of the reentry plasma developing outside ... this bit ends (thankfully) 7 minutes before trouble begins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom