Anybody know how to program a 2012 chevy Impala Key Fob ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have tried youtube, google, and yahoo to search out how to program some new key fobs for my chevy impala (2012 )
Have had no luck with what I have already tried so far.

Is this something I can do ?
Have beeb told it requires something hooked up to my car to program the fobs/car.

Thanks, Jim Breslin

Try this...

2000-PRESENT Impala Keyless Entry Re-Programs - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Or

For year models 2006 and up

1. Insert the key into the ignition.

2. Turn the key to the ON position. (do not start the engine)

3. Press the Vehicle Information button until "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" is displayed on the screen.

4. Press the Reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" is displayed on the screen.

5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the fob to be programmed, a chime should sound to indicate successful programming. (may take up to 15 secs)

6. Turn the ignition OFF to exit program mode.

Try this..

3. Press the Vehicle Information button until "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" is displayed on the screen.

Hi,
Thanks for the post.
I tried this , but my car doesn't have "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" function .

I can't find any information, so I figured Scubaboard was the place to go.

Thanks, Jim Breslin

If you go to the link above that section, there are 2 or 3 other ways to do it.

There's a whole Impala board that's got at least 3 or 4 threads on this.

Had to do this with my old Impala years ago.

There are some that do require the tech at the shop with the computer to do it I think, but most fobs can be "learned" without.

If all else fails, call the dealership.
Who will sell you a new FOB for $75. Get a new one on Ebay for $7 and do it yourself. Looks easy enough if you search the right make & model, read all the directions, and find the right button.

I tried this , but my car doesn't have "PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" function .
It should. My Impala is a 2007 and it's in the second from top button, in the 2 red circles. If you have not found it, post a pic of your buttons where you go thru Odometer, Gas mileage, Tire pressure, Oil change, etc. Well, your instructions are surely in your manual, and I guess we can find that online if needed - but see if this works...??

0731121515a.jpg

Hijack.....!

If all else fails, say "screw it" and go diving! Come on Jim! Enough with the other things occupying your time. Let's go!!!! I'm getting 50% less dives in this year because of you! :shakehead:

Okay, thread can return to original posting.

Hope he can open his car to go...?
car-smiley-003.gif

Back
Top Bottom