Windows 8 is not at all like windows 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel the same way about 7 vs XP....I wish they would stop messing with the programs and leave well enought alone.

Reactions: BRT
Wow herman. Win7 is a HUGE improvement over XP. A far superior OS. Probably the best Microsoft has ever come out with.

Jim ... I've not gotten any experience with Windows 8, but I've heard many share your same views.

Win 8 does have a learning curve. That being said we dont mind it

I have no experience on Windows 8 but absolutely hated the new Office design when it came out. Keyboard shortcuts no longer worked. Nothing was intuitively placed IMO. But I got used to it and rather like it now. I expect Windows 8 will end up having a similar learning curve. I will hate it, learn it, get used to it, accept it.

I too have heard of a number of complaints about it but I cannot say if they are supported in logic or just people hating change.

Win8 was developed for touchscreen devices. The reviews I have read say it is not great on a laptop. I am looking for a new laptop and the reviews on "8" are very critical regardless of learning curve. Microsoft is pushing it on consumers in typical bully fashion. They make me into an Apple user yet.

Win8 was developed for touchscreen devices. The reviews I have read say it is not great on a laptop. I am looking for a new laptop and the reviews on "8" are very critical regardless of learning curve. Microsoft is pushing it on consumers in typical bully fashion. They make me into an Apple user yet.

Yep, I am slowly changing everything over to Apple.

I don't like Windows 8 either but at least it's still windows.. the MAC OS X isn't even really an APPLE OS anyways. It is UNIX kernel with a mac style gui.

I prefer Windows 7 or Linux myself.

Wow herman. Win7 is a HUGE improvement over XP. A far superior OS. Probably the best Microsoft has ever come out with.

Jim ... I've not gotten any experience with Windows 8, but I've heard many share your same views.
...8 is a joke, just an attempt by MS to make money.....7 is by far the only decent OS, MS 'EVER' put out........Bill Gates should be drawn & quartered for some of the garbage OS's he's dumped on the world.......... Unconscionable corporate greed at it's finest :-( !!!!!

Earlier this year I bought a new laptop with Win 8 installed. Absolutely hate it and will dump it and install Win 7 instead. I run XP on my other computers and I've run everything from DOS 2 (CP/M before that) to Win 8 with the exception of ME and Vista, plus Linux since 1993. I think Win 8 will go the way of ME And Vista, at least for desktops and laptops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom