vehicle dive tag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ga Diver:
Does anyone know where you can look to purchase good looking dive tags for your vehicle?

I got a cool little Diver Down Flag for my truck. It is a little plastic insert that goes in the hitch transfer. I have seen other transfer plugs but not with the DD ensign on it. I got it through "Dive Proformance", I believe. But you can do a search on line I'm sure.

Divers Direct or your LDS.

Not sure I would recomend putting a diving related symbol on your vehicle. It lets less-than-reputable people know that there very well maybe something of value inside. Just my opinion.

You mean the "break-into-me-I'm-full-of-expensive-dive-gear" tags?

I do agree. I belong to a labor union and some of the members wonder why I won't put a sticker on my truck. Most of them don't think about the "tagging" your vehicle idea until it is too late. I had this happen several years ago and was really surprised to find out that my auto insurance wouldn't cover my tools because I used them out in public. I had to replace them out of pocket.
I know somebody is going to say " I don't leave my equipment in my vehicle anyway." You will sooner or later. I like to help advertise a hobby, organization or business but don't like the idea of having my truck ripped apart for it. Think twice before you mark your vehicle for the robbers.

One way I alleviate that problem is to never leave my scuba gear in my car -- in the trunk or anywhere else. All I have in my trunk are my weights and my tank rack.

The nice thing about a trailer hitch flag is that you can advertise your love for the sport but easily remove it when hauling expensive gear or traveling out of town.

ScubaTexan:
One way I alleviate that problem is to never leave my scuba gear in my car -- in the trunk or anywhere else. All I have in my trunk are my weights and my tank rack.

Amen. I have never left my gear in my vehicle. Lost my golf clubs that way a number of years ago and I won't leave them in the vehicle either. Your just asking for it IMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom