Are you a pilot too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Victorzamora and I were discussing flying in another thread and he mentioned that he thought a lot of pilots are divers too. I was just curious if that's true. If you fly, what kind of ratings and what do you fly? I think we can even take RC pilots because even the AF has a set of rated wings for those guys too.

I'm IFR, half way through commercial, don't own but will build one day....one day....

oh yeah, and rc planes and helos littering the basement :)

PP SEL

Mostly fly a club 182. No plans for IFR because in the Rockies, IFR usually means either ice or convection, and I can't afford a turbine :)

ATP SE & ME, 2 type ratings, bunch of instructor ratings (including glider). No rotary wing or lighter-than-air. Diver first, then pilot. Haven't flown since UAL killed off my code share in 1998.

PP SEL Inst

Built and flew two homebuilts over 14 years, and at >$6.00/ gal for 100LL, nitrox fills and diving are cheap, (but I still manage a yearly trip to OSH).

I've been diving for over a decade. This topic comes up from time to time. EMS, police, firefighters and pilots tend to be in diving. The theory is that if you have time to fly you have time to dive. Or if you are a commercial pilot, you aren't working a 9-to-5 and find yourself not working when it is a good time to dive.

I used to fly Cessna 172 but I'm now a traveling consultant. I'm flying on commercial planes 100 to 120 times a year.

Thought I was doing well with 30-36 commercial flights each year - ! - Phil

VFR LSA (Aeroprakt A22LS)

No hours in 2013 too busy sitting as a passenger on commercial flights :(

Thought I was doing well with 30-36 commercial flights each year - ! - Phil

You are doing well. :) With 100+ flights a year, when something goes wrong I usually need it resolved same day or I have multiple flights affected.

I flew in the Air Force for 20 years (F111) and another 17 with Continental (B727,B737,B757 and B767. Since retirement my flying is strictly in the back of the plane or RC models.

i started diving after I retired. Wish I had started sooner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom