Man's Best Buddy...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phaethon

Contributor
Reaction score
While leafing through Guinness World Records 2004 I came across the following entry [p.50]...

Deepest Scuba Dive by a Dog
Dwane Folsom (USA) regularly takes his dog, Shadow, a black mongrel (half retreiver, half Labrador) scuba diving off the coast of Gran Cayman Island. The deepest the pair usually go is approximately 4m. When diving, Shadow wears a specially adapted diving suit made up of a helmet, weighted dog jacket and breathing tube which is connected to his owners air tank.

Doesn't mention if Shadow wears his own fins or whether he uses a snorkel on the surface?

IMWTK!

(See also posting "Diving Blind... literally!" under Basic Scuba Discussions)

Also: The Alternative Title Competition is officially open -

Doing it Doggy Style...
Woof Seas...
The Hound of Silence...

K.

Doggy tech article: "How to use your leash as a jon line".

hmmm... maybe i could take my wife's cats diving...

and a horrible over-weight accident (or accidents, if more than one try is needed) will ensue, wherein the cats are tragically

lost at sea...

hmmm....

H2Andy:
hmmm... maybe i could take my wife's cats diving...

and a horrible over-weight accident (or accidents, if more than one try is needed) will ensue, wherein the cats are tragically

lost at sea...

hmmm....

Oh oh. Watch out for the cat lovers

My dad's dog should be rescue certified...

we've had her on the beach (with friends & their dogs) while out diving & once we surfaced she swam out with the intent of towing us in to shore. She's part lab & possibly part seal...

jamiei:
I've actually seen this dog on tv. The owner is an engineer of some sort and designed the whole unit. It was actually kind of neat... the dog seemed to enjoy himself. I'd love to take my dog... it would save me from having to pay someone to keep him while we're away...

Yep, seen this on TV here in the UK, amazing and it really did seem as though the dog enjoyed it.

As for taking our cat nuff said !

I seen that dog's picture at divetech (Turtle Reef shop).It had all of his gear on and in the water. I thought it was neat.Turtle gal

Any other diving pets out there (goldfish don't count unless you've taught them to 'fetch')?

K.

Back
Top Bottom