Jaws4 the revenge! Wtf???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am watching this movie and thinking WHAAAATT THE HECK IS GOING AAWWN??? How did the shark know that this woman went to the Bahamas? The shark attack happens in USA and then Ellen Brody goes to Bahamas and the shark somehow knows that Ellen has left USA and gone to Bahamas and the shark knows the exact address of the marina where Ellen Brody is staying??? Can anyone puh leeez tell me WHAT THE BLOODY HELL was that movie about? It has a whole cast of very well known actors and crew and it occurred to no one that this is utterly ridiculous plot???

---------- Post added July 19th, 2014 at 10:33 PM ----------

OMG! WHEN DID SHARKS START ROARING LIKE LIONS??? HAHAHAHA THIS IS SO BLOODY HILLARIOUS!!! Is there anyone else in the world who thinks this is nonsensically insane? How can anyone work so hard to produce such RUBBISH!

Wait... are you actually trying to apply logic to a B-Movie???
:rofl:

The shark starts roaring in Jaws 3, which was essentially a stolen plot line... but that's a whole other story. The Brody sons span all 4 movies and by the fourth one, the shark is hunting the family. Didn't you know that if you mess with a Great White, you're messin' with his kin? The special bonus is Mario VanPeebles trying to look and sound like a rastafari. Jaws also gets to eat a plane, I suppose the helicopter wasn't good enough. I love playing "name the regulator" while watching all four movies. But, yup.... that's a rough movie.

I am thinking how could a script writer write this nonsense? If he has written something as nonsensical as this how could a producer select it for production? How could the actors read the script memorize it and not say that this is freaking retarded? There are so many people involved in this. It is not one person who has gone insane.

The really sad insanity is that the worldwide gross for Jaws 4 was more than twice its production budget. It made money for all parties involved. So, who were the unfortunate souls that would never get the time or money back after seeing it in the theater?

I am thinking how could a script writer write this nonsense? If he has written something as nonsensical as this how could a producer select it for production? How could the actors read the script memorize it and not say that this is freaking retarded? There are so many people involved in this. It is not one person who has gone insane.

The movie made a 28 million dollar profit. Pretty sure that's just theater ticket sales and doesn't include rentals. They probably said "This is freaking retarded, send the check to 1 myhouse drive please."

With that kind of profit, they could buy a bigger boat.:D

Jaws: The Revenge earned the least amount of money in the series. It was panned by critics, with a 0% rating on the review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes. It was nominated for seven Razzie awards.

Just cheap theatrics.

I am wondering whether they were intentionally trying to make a parody and the audience were meant to realize it somewhere in the middle of the movie that it is a parody? That parody somehow went wrong as not everyone in the crew was on the same page as to what it was? I don't know guy. That was some embarrassing / hilarious/ sadistically entertaining load of CRAP that I watched last night.

I must admit that I remember seeing the same movie when I was very little and (I must confess) I was entertained but hey I was a kid OK!!!!

Back
Top Bottom