How does he hold his breath for 22 minutes ? !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
A diving friend sent me an article link today. I just find this very hard to believe, but it seems to be true. This man can dive and hold his breath for 22 minutes.

"Nicknamed The Man Who Doesn’t Breathe, he is the holder of multiple world records in diving. To control his breathing, Mr. Severinsen uses his ‘State of Zen’ technique, which allows him to hold his breath underwater for astonishing 22 minutes."

See:
This Man Holds The World Record In Diving. He Can Go Without Breathing For 22 MINUTES! | News Twitter

Can anyone come close to this ?

I call absolute BS.

His records all check out and are verified with Guiness Book of World Records..interesting guy.

I call absolute BS.

The you would be ABSOLUTELY wrong. He is a documented free dive world record holder. His techniques mix free diving and yoga breathing and pre dive oxygen supersaturation.

It's easy once you are dead...

(oops, not the Pub...)

Interesting, the record for static apnea is 11 minutes, but it's over 22 minutes if you pre-breath 100% O2...!

This guy doesn't actually hold the record any more, he was subsequently beaten by two other people...

Wow that will be great , no acc. Just dive in

I still question whether breath hold for this length of time is a sound thing medically even if you pre-breathe pure oxygen, practice yoga, etc. Is there a medical doctor who can comment on how this might affect brain cells?

Back
Top Bottom