Apple Cult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This video pretty much sums up the cattle like cult of non thinkers that Apple has been able to cultivate. I'm not bashing Apple, good for them, this kind of thing is the success you can get in the marketplace by reaching a tipping point of everybody wants to be in the cult...

Not a big fan of the iPhone but I'd still be curious to know how many people they interviewed and how many didn't fall for it.

What difference does it make how many others had a brain? The point is all of the ones who don't.

Here is apple's new i-rock or i-lint-ball, what do you think? Wow! Awesome!

The same people who will automatically tell you the new iphone is such an improvement when you show them the old iphone are the same people who sleep on a side walk to get one
0.jpg

If they interview 10 people and 9 fell for it I'd worry for the future of our nation. If they interview 400 people and 9 fell for it I'd be pleasantly surprised. To me it is not surprising they found 9 people who fell for it.

I've seen the line up thing with Star Wars. Hundreds of people camping out over night to be the first people to see Star Wars Phantom Menace. The next day I go to the same theatre, walk in to the matinee (half price) 10 minutes before the movie started and the theatre is half empty so I get a great seat.

So there will always be people who good marketing can make do silly things.

I have never had any desire to buy an iPhone or any other smart phone. I use a dumb phone ($19.95 for Net10) and it does what I want... places calls and allows me to text. Of course I do understand the desire of those who operate businesses or need Internet access to have a smart phone. However, when I'm away from my computer and landline, there is no desire on my part to be connected. Besides, none of them work underwater!

well, I still have the 4S. It works just fine. When it dies I will probably move up to the new model.

I had one of the droid phones for about 24 hours and I took it back. I'm not in a big rush to get the new 6. I use the thing to keep in touch and do business. I have had a smart phone since the old Motorola Q came out around 7 or 8 years ago. IMO the iphone is a superior product, it integrates with my other apple products flawlessly. As for the new 6? IDK, I don't have one.

The iPhone 6 has been a great phone for me so far. I upgraded from a 4S and got mine the first day they were available. Easy preorder, and it was delivered to my house on time.

The 4.7" screen is on the verge being too large for one-handed operation, but makes the device nicer for web browsing. The battery life and camera are outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using Apple computers since before it was cool to do so. Back then, they could easily do things that were really difficult on a PC so it was essential for my work. Now I'm in a cult...

I do like my iPhone. It's 3 years old now, but it still does everything I need it to do.

I had an iPhone 3G that I finally replaced because newer apps couldn't run on it. I listened to the crowd who said Android phones are just as good, so I got a Samsung Galaxy. I can't stand it and want my iPhone back. There are so many little details that seemed to have been given more thought on the iPhone--it was simply easier to use. It didn't require me to spend hours sifting through menus and setting configurations. I don't want a million different options. Right out of the box, the iPhone seemed to work just right. Making things that lazy people like me find easy to use has always been Apple's forte.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom