Need help translating letter written in Polish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
Helping a friend of mine post this. His xDeep bottom timer got lost in the mail (likely stolen, box was opened) and he received this note written in Polish, which none of us can read.

Can I get some help translating what this letter is saying?

Thanks!

Polish Letter.jpg

maybe try typing it in to google translate? that will at least give you an idea of what the form is intended for...

I can't speak polish but I can decipher some of it.

In response to your inquiry of 16 december blah blah blah.....the parcel was received in a damaged condition without the enclosed item.

If I get the gist of it, they seem to have sent a letter to the post office about it to see if the item is in the "post restant", by which I assume they mean the lost and found. at least what I can make of it. They aren't making any promises.

short story the way I read it. Your friend has seen the last of his bottom timer.

R..

p.s. lesson learned here. always used registered mail for this kind of thing.

Did it come packed in something? Some kind of wrap?

The first part just says when it arrived in Gdansk, its number (tracking number???), and who it was addressed to.

Then I think it says "Package arrived wrapped due to damage, without the protocol (the words translate directly to "without protocol," and appear to describe the letter you scanned, which is called a Protocol, and in the brackets under it, "description of item/state of the item". So I think it arrived without that description document). Additionally the package included the note "Arrived from over the border (from out of country) in damaged condition." After compiling/organizing the protocol (I assume, again, after they drew up the document you scanned), the letter was given to Poste-Restante with the aim of delivering to the addressee."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom