New year resolutions for 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Now that 2001 is almost over, i have been deep in thought about what i wanna do and achieve in 2002. It's the usual time of the year when i get all retrospective about life in general, and start getting ambitious :wink: just thought it will be fun to share them with everyone (and put pressure on myself hehe)

- perfect my diving skills to the point of being deadly underwater
- pick up cave diving and wreck diving if i have the chance
- do my divemaster course
- organise at least 6 group trips or more
- make at least one dive trip every month, or every 2 months.
- make at least one dive trip to the following places on my wish list: Sipadan, Layang-Layang, Manado, Burma Banks, Palau/Micronesia, PNG, Great Barrier Reef, Maldives, Tahiti
- be more active on the boards and get to know more diving friends :)
- get my hands on the elusive UK Light Cannon at a knockout price
- quit my job, hike out to some gorgeous island and become a divemaster full time (might have to postpone this to 2003 or later, depending on circumstances)
- celebrating birthdays, christmas and new year with a SO under the stars, underwater! (i'd give myself 5 years)

now the trick is getting all that accomplished within a year! anyone care to share theirs?

Interesting list, especially:

"- perfect my diving skills to the point of being deadly underwater"

Trouble is most start out "deadly" due to poor training. Some actually overcome this and become safe. I hope you meant something else.

I made one New Years resolution in the mid 60's and so far I've managed to keep it. Never make another New Years resolution. If I see something I need to change, change it now don't wait for New Years.

DSSW,

WWW™

I would like to get beyond DM and get my Instructor rating.

I would like to meet more of my scuba board friends

Get a banna split with a cherry on top after a good steak dinner.

deadly it shouldnt be.....

i guess it should be to the point where u become one with the ocean. where it feels like home. where the marine life looks at u in curiosity and wonder (new species of what??!!) instead of in fear. when garden eels stop playing hide and seek with u everytime u swim pass.

Fishkiller - what about a banana split with cherry on top after each dive?? :)

I resolve to upload a photo to my profile, to dive with consideration and tolerance and just maybe shoot some award winning video.

Neil

For several years my resolve has been to drink more and better red wine. And I am trying to keep it!

Good one Agnes!

My resolution - to DIVE MORE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom