Diving Magazines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
To what diving magazines do you subscribe?

I haven't signed on to any yet, but I'm looking for something more meaty than "Sport Diver" and RSD. I like them, since I'm new, but they don't really spend a lot of time on what I'm interested in (wreck diving).

Are there any good ones out there that have managed to stick around? I've found a few, but they all appear to be defunct, like aquanaut.

I may just settle for Wreck Diving Mag. Too bad it's quarterly. Was really looking for something thick to put in the bathroom every month... :wink:

if you are a DAN member, you get Alert Diver Magazine... it's not too bad...

also, you can go on line and read the UK's Diver Magazine on line
at http://www.divernet.com/index.shtml. it's much better than the US
mags i've read.

I get RSD and once was sent an issue of Fathoms as a bonus. It's interesting, has a more advanced diver audience in mind. Haven't subscribed but did enjoy that issue. No particular attention paid to wreck diving, as I recall.

Advanced Diver is a fine rag. Bowen does a nice job. Immerssed has recently come on hard times and I don't know if I will ever see another rag or not.

5615mike:
Advanced Diver is a fine rag. Bowen does a nice job. Immerssed has recently come on hard times and I don't know if I will ever see another rag or not.

I hear that Immersed has closed up shop.

I don't subscribe to any of them, but they keep sending them.

The only ones that I ever liked were Alert Diver and Advanced Diver.

Definately check out Diver Magazine (UK). I have a subscription and read the entire mag each month, its always got new and interesting stuff in it, quality dive guides plus some brilliant pictures.

Ed.

edneeves:
Definately check out Diver Magazine (UK). I have a subscription and read the entire mag each month, its always got new and interesting stuff in it, quality dive guides plus some brilliant pictures.

Ed.
I wanted to get a diver sub but its almost 80$ BUT Barnes and Nobles carry it from time to time a good mag and much better since the bsac split some years ago.

MikeFerrara:
I hear that Immersed has closed up shop.
They do always seem to be late, but Bernie responded to the recent hullabaloo and says that he's still there, still publishing, just has a new EU representative. We'll see, but I hope he doesn't go under.

For pretty pictures, try Fathoms. Bret Gilliam returns to publishing with a slick exotic dive travel mag - nice so far.

And Rodale's just yesterday sold Scuba Diving to another publisher, so changes may be coming there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom