bcd for petite diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petitediver

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a relatively new diver (~15 dives) looking to buy my first BCD. I have had many problems with ill-fitting rental BCDs as none of them accomodated my petite figure particularly well. I am 5'2", weigh 110 lbs and slender (no curves to speak of). Though I am from and trained in the NW, I primarily dive in warm water. Do you ladies (and gentlemen) have any recommendations? Thanks.

While I was diving with the rental gear I loved Zeagle Concept II. Even the medium one was comfortable.
Now I bought my own gear (haven’t hear the chance to try it) and I went for the Zeagle Tech. It is a bit better version of the Concept, and I also know that in our shop the tiny Japanese instructors dive with that as well. I tried it on, and it fits even better than the Concept. I can’t wait to report about my first real dive with it (a few more weeks).
(I am 5’2.5”, 112 lbs, with some :wink: curves here and there.)

After a more refined search, I have found several threads treating this exact topic. I will be looking through these now... :)

petitediver:
After a more refined search, I have found several threads treating this exact topic. I will be looking through these now... :)

Found that many of our small Japanese divers like the XS Transpac from DiveRite.

Hey petite diver,

I know you are looking at other threads for this chat, but I didn't see you in the Seaquest Diva section, so thought I would add my bit here.
I too am very much on the small side, being a UK size 8 which I think is 6 in the US.
I have also had the nightmare of feeling like I could swim out of my BC with no trouble, so totally know where you are coming from. The seaquest Diva comes in an extra small, which will definitely be small enough. I have the small, which fits OK, I have since realised that there is an extra small size which fits me like a glove. The BC itself is fantastic too, specially designed to be comfortable for women, which is always a good thing.
I hope you find one that's right for you whichever you go for. And hope you enjoy pursuing your newly discovered sport.

If you are thinking of doing any cold water/drysuit diving, check the amount of lift you need...I think the XS Diva has less than 20 lbs.

Hi,
My size small Seaquest Infinity BCD was great when I was your weight. I have kept it in excellent, good-as-new condition. I dive maybe 4 times each year. Been diving for 15 or so years.

Unfortunately, as I have matured, I have put on weight. I have adjusted the cumberband to as large as it will go... but it's tight on me now.... so I bought another Seaquest BCD in a larger size.

I think I may have a buyer for my small BCD. I'm asking $75. Whomever buys this BCD, I want them to be as happy with the BCD as I was with it. It is a great feeling to own a BCD that you feel safe and comfortable with.
Sincerely,
Trish the Fish
trish3fish@yahoo.com
1-800-711-4207 (voice mail)

petitediver:
Hello,

I am a relatively new diver (~15 dives) looking to buy my first BCD. I have had many problems with ill-fitting rental BCDs as none of them accomodated my petite figure particularly well. I am 5'2", weigh 110 lbs and slender (no curves to speak of). Though I am from and trained in the NW, I primarily dive in warm water. Do you ladies (and gentlemen) have any recommendations? Thanks.
Ladyhawk from Scuba pro is a must......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom