Arrived Alive!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
At least I think that is how the license plates used to read in Florida.

Well, I am here finally, got in Wednesday afternoon late and started to work today, yuck.

The trip across country was an experience that I hope I never have to encounter again, although I am still trying to figure out how to get the g/f moved here next month without any hassles.

Started out Sunday from So Cal in the rain, got to Arizona it was cold and evidently pumped some bad petrol in the car because the car acted up all the way to San Antonio. Did I mention it was raining, oh yes and a little snow flurry to boot. Spent New Year's eve just outside "San Antone". Next day got up and continued my "waltz across Texas" no more car troubles but did get some nice snow squalls from time to time. Did I mention it was colder than a well diggers a--.

When I got to Baton Rouge the snow was coming down pretty good and by the time I got to New Orleans it had changed back to rain. I lost my windshield wiper, sucker just blew off the car so I drove in the rain until I got into Florida (wasn't really too bad except for the spray).

Well, I am here now and WHERE IS THE WARM WEATHER?

I hope to be able to hook up with some of you in the next couple of weeks to hopefully get in some diving.

Have a good one,
the transplanted socaldiver

WELCOME!

to sunny (but chilly for a weekend) Florida,

SoFlaDiver!!!

(it was SoCalDiver)

Dave:
Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. Once you get Kath down there, it will feel more like home. About the weather, don't fret too much, Florida is a whole lot better then Chicago.:wink:

:gorgeous:

Glad you survived! Wish I'd known you were waltzing, we coulda met ya around Houston somewhere.

Now ya just gotta change your name!

Snow and rain the whole trip, thats gotta stink.

Next time you make that run trim a couple hours off by not going thru New Orleans. Stay north of the Lake (Ponchartrain) and take I think its 70.

Glad you made it safely.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom