Calling all support people (((S))))

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
WE can use your help! Please feel free to support us with your ideas and experience of what worked for you.
If you're not taking the scuba board challenge to lose weight.. this thread is for you.. or start your own. Thanks!

http://www.scubaboard.com/t52288.html

OK - Diets never worked for me. I just don't have the willpower to not eat when I think I'm hungry. When I find I'm getting too plump (like lately) I make a bit more effort to to spend some time in the workout room at work. It also helps if I cut back on the chocolate and junk food and just eat real food. Just doing that makes a big difference. Another thing that makes an even bigger difference is cutting back on the beer consumption. I like beer too much too give it up completely, but 2 or 3 every week or 2 is better than 2 or 3 a night!

Snowbear - I fall into the beer loop myself. I was once clocking in at er... I hate to say it.. but.... 250ish pounds! Then I dropped to a meager 176 and was way to skinny! I looked weird... but I had given up beer... and essentially food because I worked high energy in a night club as a bouncer/barback for 9 months and eating was a tough thing to do time wise. I finally leveled out about 200#, then after my wife got preg I shot up 25#, pound for pound with her, and hit 225. I hated it! Nothing I could do though. I tried cutting back on food, more exercise, etc.. and after 7 months of steady gain and no good reason for it I accepted sympathy weight. Now, a year and 2 months after my son is born, I'm just starting to lose what my wife dropped in a few minutes, and hopefully will get back down to my 200# area. I'm not cutting out all the bad stuff, just most of it. I do notice a difference in a lot of ways. :)

Keep in mind I am a stellar 5'5" tall. :)

Now that's a topic I can talk about! Beer!

Ok. Tony... listen up....

If you gotta be drinking beer, don't drink cheap beer, or what I refer to as hop-flavored drink... expecially that -less filling- stuff.

Go with some real beer, the higher alcohol content limits the amount you drink, and if you drink to much, you'll feel it in your head; and you'll feel it in your wallet. No matter how you calculate it, 3 microbrews are cheaper, and have less calories then 8 of those cans of fermented water.

Right on! I mix between Red Stripe, Bass, *Guinness* (official 1759 society member), XX, Sam Adams, and sometimes even some Key West Pale. My wife seems to slip me Corona as well. I'll have 2 or 3 when I BBQ and thats about it anymore, course I BBQ 3 or so times a week :wink: Rice beers such as Bud, bud light, miller, michelobe, etc., are all out!

This is far better than my 250# run where I had 6-8 pints a night! I *was* norm at my pub! Only they called me Silly.. still do.. amazing place! :)

I should mention that there is restitution for imbibement that includes an extra 5 on the bike or a few extra reps of ab work outs.

Spectre:
If you gotta be drinking beer, don't drink cheap beer, or what I refer to as hop-flavored drink... expecially that -less filling- stuff.
What's the point of drinking beer if it doesn't taste good? If all that was available to me was the "fermented water," beer would not be on my list of vices :D

I to at one time loved my beer. Never cheap, I'd rather drink less of the good stuff. I decided to quit eight years ago and have not touched a drop since, and I do not even miss it. Since then I became addicted to running, exercise and of course, SCUBA. I have also lost 40 pounds.

Plus my better half rationalizes my SCUBA purchases and trips as "much better than hanging out at the bars drinking".

I am not against it, just finally had my fill.

Mike

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom