Memorial Day weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6Gill

Reaction score
As usual, my wife and I will be planting flags on Veteran's graves at our local cemetery on this Saturday morning, along with other Veterans from the 1st Cavalry Division and Special Forces Association.

Monday, Memorial Day we will be attending two Memorial Day Ceremonies one at the Tahoma National Cemetery in the early afternoon and the other at te local cemetery where we planted the flags on Saturday. (Washingyon Memorial Cemetery.) We will be with the same Veteran's groups, as well as many others.

As usual, my eyes will moist over when they blow taps, and I will remember all my fallen comrades.

It's not a three day holiday for me.

What are you doing to honor our fallen heros? Please remember we arre at war!

6Gill:
As usual, my wife and I will be planting flags on Veteran's graves at our local cemetery on this Saturday morning, along with other Veterans from the 1st Cavalry Division and Special Forces Association.

Monday, Memorial Day we will be attending two Memorial Day Ceremonies one at the Tahoma National Cemetery in the early afternoon and the other at te local cemetery where we planted the flags on Saturday. (Washingyon Memorial Cemetery.) We will be with the same Veteran's groups, as well as many others.

As usual, my eyes will moist over when they blow taps, and I will remember all my fallen comrades.

It's not a three day holiday for me.

What are you doing to honor our fallen heros? Please remember we arre at war!
Sir, God bless you who served and those that have made the ultimate sacrafice, I can tell you they will not forgotten in this neck of the woods and, alot of eyes get moist when they play Taps here nightly. I know there are quite a few Military folks on this board who understand what Memorial Day is about, but I am very glad you posted a reminder for all.

Gill, put a flag down for me will ya?
"B" Co., 229th Aviation Bn., 11th Avation Group, 1st Cavalry Div. (Airmobile)
"The Killer Spades" - If you saw the movie "We Were Soldiers" ours was one of the two aviation companies supporting those guys in the Ia Drang.

A lot of my buds are resting. On this holliday I party as much as I can. It may seem weird to those that dont understand. But, its for those that cant be here to party. Some of you understand.
rich

Back
Top Bottom