Lobster Season in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Aloha Everyone,

Our Lobster Season will be starting in less than a month. I plan on hitting the water opening weekend and was wondering if anyone out there has any new ideas for cooking "bugs". I've tried most of the normal boiling, steaming, baked-stuffed recipes. Now I'm looking for something a little different. I have a great recipe for "Lobster Diablo" that is really mouth-watering. It's my favorite way to cook them. My girl and my friends are getting used to it and want to see if I have something else up my sleeve. Can anyone offer some new twists?

Mahalo and Ah-Lowwwww-Haaaaaaa!

Shaka Doug

MM i tried a lobster pasta recipe.

i took a 1/4 cup of oil and heated it in a wok style frying pan
\put in cyanne ect hot spices then you let it cook then put boiled lobstwer tail parts and cook a little longer then put linguine in and ooo it was good.

if only the recipe was not lost.:(

OK, I did pretty good for the first night of season, 6 bugs in a 45 minute dive. Not my best record but I was happy. I'm still looking for some new recipes if anyone has any! Let's hear from you! Mahalo and Bon Apetit!

PS Have you ever tried steaming lobster in a rice cooker then dipping small chunks in Shoyu and Wasabe?? That's awesome! Makes a great appetizer to get the taste buds on the alert.

My hubby made a lobster dish the other night..it was to die for....boiled the lobster's first..then took the meat out..(of course) I'm not really sure the ingredients...but, he took butter, garlic,white wine...spinash, and tomato's, sauteed it all and then in small oven ware dishes he put in all that mixture, then topped it with a bit of bread crumbs and baked...oh, my it was so good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom